An incredibly flavorful, delicious Cold Grilled Duck Breast Pasta Salad for your next BBQ or Cookout! Juicy duck breast in a slightly traditional summer pasta salad!
This is a sponsored post written by me for Maple Leaf Farms.
I received product to facilitate this recipe, however all opinions and recipe are my own.
It’s day three of Cookout Week and I’m back with the most incredible pasta salad! This Grilled Duck Breast Pasta Salad is so full of flavor. From the crunch of the vegetables to the grilled flavor of the duck breasts to the creamy, mild dressing – your taste buds won’t know what part to love first.
This salad went fast. It’s a jump off of a traditional pasta salad that my grandma used to make, to take to potlucks and BBQs. I made a couple of tweaks and the addition of delicious chunks of duck breast, which makes it a unique and tasty summer pasta salad. I cannot tell you how absolutely mouth-watering this Grilled Duck Breast Pasta Salad was.
I used Maple Leaf Farms Duck Breasts for this recipe, but you can use the Maple Leaf Farms Roast Half Duck as well. It is fully cooked so it just needs to be heated and added. You can also use shredded duck instead of cubed duck. Add or remove your favorite veggies to make this Grilled Duck Breast Pasta Salad your own.
Duck is a juicy meat and so if prepared correctly, it has loads of flavor and each bite is nice and soft. Maple Leaf Farms is the only duck I use for any recipe, because it is so good and such high quality. Duck is so good for you, and so full of flavor, it’s a great substitution for meat in any dish. And did you know that duck fat has similar health benefits to olive oil and other unsaturated fats?
Learn more about Cookout Week & Enter to Win!
#CookoutWeek 2018 is in full swing! For this entire week, I am joining over 50 of my blogger friends to celebrate summer by posting delicious cookout-themed recipes. If you love grilling, frozen treats, picnics, berries, s’mores, campfire meals, and other summer goodies… you are in the right place!
This week, we are also hosting a HUGE giveaway thanks to our generous #CookoutWeek sponsors. Enter below to win. Here’s what one lucky will will receive:
- Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill from blog hosts The PinterTest Kitchen. This grill has 280 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates and two 12-inch side shelves for extra prep space.
- A Red KitchenAid Mixer and 5 Flavored Butters from our friends at Chef Shamy. Make the World a Butter Place® with Chef Shamy! The winner will receive Garlic Butter, Cinnamon Brown Sugar Honey Butter, Vanilla Bean Honey Butter, Strawberry Honey Butter, and French Onion Butter with Asiago Cheese to use in your favorite cookout recipes. And if you just can’t wait, use 10BUTTER10 starting today to get 10% off your Chef Shamy butter order on Amazon. These butters contain no oil, and the savory butters are perfect for keto recipes.
- A Duck Product Pack from our friends at Maple Leaf Farms consisting of 2 pkgs All Natural Boneless Duck Breasts (7.5 oz), 2 pkgs Fully Cooked Roast Half Ducks w/Orange Sauce (14 oz), 1 pkg Duck Bacon (12 oz), and 1 pkg All Natural Duck Legs (16 oz). Maple Leaf Farms is celebrating its 60th anniversary raising White Pekin ducks on local, family-owned farms.
- Butter-flavored Organic Coconut Oil from our friends at Barlean’s. This dairy free option offers all the healthy benefits of organic coconut oil, with the rich taste of butter. It’s great on toast, popcorn, baked potatoes, or cooked vegetables. You can also substitute it 1:1 for butter in baking, cooking, and frying, and of course it is perfect as a butter substitute for all your favorite cookout recipes.
- 24 Cartons of Vinegar Shots from our friends at Vermont Village. You’ll receive 12 cartons of turmeric flavor and 12 cartons of cranberry flavor. Each carton contains 12 individual, 1 fluid ounce vinegar shot pouches! This raw, organic apple cider vinegar has rich flavors from whole foods and is sweetened naturally with honey.
That’s a prize pack worth over $750!
To enter, follow our sponsors and bloggers on social media by entering your information below:
Here’s a full list of the bloggers participating in #CookoutWeek 2018! You can find yummy recipes by checking out any of the links below:
The PinterTest Kitchen ♥ 2 Cookin Mamas ♥ A Day in the Life on the Farm ♥ A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures ♥ April GoLightly ♥ Authentically Candace ♥ Blogghetti ♥ Body Rebooted ♥ Bottom Left of the Mitten ♥ Cheese Curd In Paradise ♥ Chef Sarah Elizabeth ♥ Coconut & Lime ♥ Cookaholic Wife ♥ CookwithRenu ♥ Daily Dish Recipes ♥ Everyday Eileen ♥ Fairyburger ♥ Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice ♥ Family Around the Table ♥ Fix Me a Little Lunch ♥ For the Love of Food ♥ Frankly Entertaining ♥ Frugal & Fit ♥ Get the Good Stuff! ♥ Hardly A Goddess ♥ Herbivore Cucina ♥ Join Us, Pull up a Chair ♥ Jolene’s Recipe Journal ♥ Jonesin’ For Taste ♥ Karen’s Kitchen Stories ♥ Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Treats ♥ Mildly Meandering ♥ Moore or Less Cooking ♥ Our Good Life ♥ Oven Tales By Syama ♥ Palatable Pastime ♥ Sarah Cooks the Books ♥ Savory Moments ♥ Seduction In The Kitchen ♥ Strawberry Blondie Kitchen ♥ Sweet Coralice ♥ Tampa Cake Girl ♥ Technotini ♥ That Recipe ♥ The Baking Fairy ♥ The Beard and The Baker ♥ The Freshman Cook ♥ The Simple Supper ♥ The Spiffy Cookie ♥ The Weekday Gourmet ♥ This is How I Cook ♥ Who Needs A Cape? ♥ Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen
Comment below with your favorite cookout recipe!
Let’s see what everyone is making today:
Now let’s make some Garlic Butter and Herb Burgers!
Grilled Duck Breast Pasta Salad
This delicious summery pasta salad is a great side dish for any BBQ or family get together. However it's practically a meal in itself, so don't be afraid to do that either. Filled to the rim with delicious, juicy, duck breast and the wonderful flavors of a traditional classic pasta salad.
- 1 16 ounce package tri-color spiral pasta
- 4 large duck breasts
- 1 cup green pepper chopped
- 1 cup red pepper chopped
- 1 cup celery sliced thin
- 3/4 cup red onion chopped
- 2-3 green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup water boiling
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 8 ounce container sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- cracked black pepper to taste
Cook the pasta according to package directions. While it's cooking score the duck breast with a sharp knife, and then grill your duck breasts on your BBQ grill as desired.
Once pasta is finished, drain and rinse in cold water for about 2 minutes or so. Chop up the duck breasts into cubes.
In a large bowl, place the cooked pasta, the duck and all of the other salad ingredients.
In medium sized bowl, dissolve the bouillon in the boiling water. Stir in the milk, sour cream, mayonnaise, dill and pepper. Blend well. If desired, add some cracked black pepper to taste.
Toss the dressing with the pasta coating evenly.
Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.