Feed your family this light, delicious pasta for dinner tonight. This easy Shrimp Scampi Pasta comes together in no time at all, and is a real favorite! Just the slightest tart mixed with a wonderfully savory flavor, makes this the perfect light meal.
I adore Shrimp Scampi. In fact, it’s one of those things I could eat several times a week and never tire of it. But that isn’t really practical.
With my busy schedule making shrimp scampi often isn’t exactly in my weeknight plans.
So I came up with this Easy Shrimp Scampi Pasta recipe and it’s easy to throw together on a busy weeknight.
It is truly the perfect combination of lemony goodness, with a creamy delicious sauce that coats the thinner angel hair pasta.
My family doesn’t seem to be able to get enough of this, so often I have to double the recipe so my son can take another serving to work with him (he works nights), and so that there are more for leftovers, since we all love them so much.
And then there’s me. I work from home, so having something I can heat up quickly while I am working is a big bonus.
So if you want leftovers, be sure and double the recipe. If you want just enough to serve 4, make this Easy Shrimp Scampi Pasta recipe as is as serve it with a salad.
Now don’t feel like you have to use it as is, either.
If your family doesn’t care for Shrimp, that’s okay, substitute chicken or another protein. Scampi works with all sorts of proteins just fine.
Also, we use fresh shrimp we pick up from our grocery store seafood department typically, HOWEVER you can use frozen uncooked (raw) shrimp. Just be sure to thaw it before use.
Don’t you want a big platter of this Easy Shrimp Scampi Pasta tonight?
Don’t you want a big bite of this right now?
I know I am making myself hungry and craving it just by throwing this post together.
Guess I know what’s for dinner tonight.
Look at all these delicious recipes before you scroll down for the Easy Shrimp Scampi Pasta Recipe.
Best Seafood Recipes
- Grilled Baby Octopus by Food Lust People Love
- Manhattan Clam Chowder by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mediterranean Shrimp Bruschetta by The Weekend Gourmet
- Salmon Tartare by Caroline’s Cooking
- Smoked Salmon, Orange and Avocado Salad by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Ten Minute Sweet and Spicy Shrimp by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Easy Tilapia Pomodoro Dinner by My Life Cookbook
- Frutti Di Mare by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemony Salmon and Asparagus Foil Packets by Our Good Life
- No Fail Beer Battered Fish by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- One Pan Mustard Crusted Halibut and Vegetables by Pies and Plots
- Scallops with Orange Butter Sauce by My savory spoon
- Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo by The Freshman Cook
- Shrimp Scampi Pasta by Daily Dish Recipes
Recipe for Easy Shrimp Scampi Pasta
Shrimp Scampi Pasta
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 pound large 16-20 count raw shrimp , shelled and de-veined
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup of white wine or broth
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Boil pasta as directed on package. Drain and set aside. You can also boil pasta while working on the shrimp and sauce.
- Heat your pan on high heat. Reduce to medium heat before adding anything.
- Add the butter and olive oil. Swirl in the pan until butter is melted.
- Stir in the minced garlic. Saute garlic for 1 minute.
- Toss the shrimp into the pan. Stir for about 1 minute.
- Pour in the wine or broth and stir to coat the shrimp with your sauce.
- Turn the heat back up to high and boil the sauce for about 2-3 minutes. Lay the shrimp out flat while the wine is boiling.
- After 2-3 minutes, turn the shrimp over and continue cooking on high for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Sprinkle the shrimp with parsley, lemon juice, and black pepper, and toss to combine.
- Toss sauce and shrimp with cooked and drained angel hair pasta.