These Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas are perfect for this time of year. Start your crockpot and let it go. When dinner time is upon you, you’ll be ready to whip up a pretty quick meal!
The colder month’s are upon us, at least here in St. Louis. We’ve dipped down into the very low 40’s already and I am not complaining.
This is my favorite time of year. When Fall officially arrives in our home, we take time to slow down and spend more time together as a family. Our activities tend to slow down, so we find ourselves with a little more time to come together and even enjoy more meals together, not always on the go.
I especially love food cooked low and slow during these Fall months. Food that feeds the mind, body and soul, but allows me to relax and spend time with my family and friends, but still end with a delicious, healthy and hearty meal.
One of my favorite healthy proteins is lean beef, and it is perfect for low and slow cooking. I adore low and slow cooking!
Beef also partner’s perfectly with fresh veggies and whole grains, which feature prominently in today’s recipe.
That makes these Slow Cooker Steak Fajita’s part of a delicious and balanced diet.
That’s a win for me and my family. I love that I can toss the steak and veggies in and forget about them most of the day, but I wind up with a wonderfully flavorful, healthy dish at the end.
I love slow cooker recipes because you can truly create a nutritious and balanced meal with little effort.
Just fix it and let it go all day and when dinner roll’s around, you’re already on the fast track to putting a nutritious dinner on the table in minutes.
In these Slow Cooker Steak Fajita’s, beef is the star ingredient and cooking it low and slow is what makes them perfect for this time of year.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the awesome Beef Checkoff Low and Slow Beef Recipes:
Healthy Plates with Beef
- Beef and Green Beans over Orange Rice
- Beef Short Ribs with Polenta and Sautéed Greens
- Beef Stifado
- Filet Mignon with Cherry Sauce
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Spoon Roast with Mushrooms and Farro
- Szegediner Gulasch (German Sauerkraut Beef Goulash)
- Vietnamese Style Beef Stew
Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas
Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ pounds steak choose the cut you’d like – in the slow cooker anything goes
- 3 bell peppers sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- flour tortillas
- sour cream salsa, guacamole, black beans and rice for serving
- Make a paste with the vinegar, lime juice and all of the seasonings. If it is to dry to spread, add a few drops of water until it is spreadable.
- Spread the seasoning on the steak and place the steak in the slow cooker. Add a few slices of onion on top.
- Allow the slow cooker to cook on high for 4 hours.
Cooking the veggies:
- There are a few ways to do the veggies. You can toss them in the last hour of cooking time. Do not toss them in at the beginning or they will be mushy.
- I prefer to add some minced garlic and olive oil and a bit of the fajita seasoning to a skillet on the stove and toss the veggies in over high heat until sizzling loudly and showing signs of some black.
- Serve with flour tortillas, mexican rice, black beans, guacamole, sour cream and salsa.