These Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas are perfect for this time of year. Start your crockpot and let it go. When dinner time is upon you, you’ll be ready to whip up a pretty quick meal!
The colder month’s are upon us, at least here in St. Louis. We’ve dipped down into the very low 40’s already and I am not complaining.
This is my favorite time of year. When Fall officially arrives in our home, we take time to slow down and spend more time together as a family. Our activities tend to slow down, so we find ourselves with a little more time to come together and even enjoy more meals together, not always on the go.
I especially love food cooked low and slow during these Fall months. Food that feeds the mind, body and soul, but allows me to relax and spend time with my family and friends, but still end with a delicious, healthy and hearty meal.
One of my favorite healthy proteins is lean beef, and it is perfect for low and slow cooking. I adore low and slow cooking!
Beef also partner’s perfectly with fresh veggies and whole grains, which feature prominently in today’s recipe.
That makes these Slow Cooker Steak Fajita’s part of a delicious and balanced diet.
That’s a win for me and my family. I love that I can toss the steak and veggies in and forget about them most of the day, but I wind up with a wonderfully flavorful, healthy dish at the end.
I love slow cooker recipes because you can truly create a nutritious and balanced meal with little effort.
Just fix it and let it go all day and when dinner roll’s around, you’re already on the fast track to putting a nutritious dinner on the table in minutes.
In these Slow Cooker Steak Fajita’s, beef is the star ingredient and cooking it low and slow is what makes them perfect for this time of year.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the awesome Beef Checkoff Low and Slow Beef Recipes:
Healthy Plates with Beef
- Beef and Green Beans over Orange Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Short Ribs with Polenta and Sautéed Greens by Whole Food | Real Families
- Beer Braised Beef Brisket by Life Tastes Good
- Beef Stifado by Recipe for Perfection
- Filet Mignon with Cherry Sauce by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Rosemary Garlic Brisket by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sauerbraten by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Shank Cut Osso Buco by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Beef Black Bean Chili by Alida’s Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Caribbean Beef Stew by Food Done Light
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef Soup by Meal Planning Magic
- Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas by Daily Dish Recipes (this one!)
- Spoon Roast with Mushrooms and Farro by Cooking Chat
- Szegediner Gulasch (German Sauerkraut Beef Goulash) by Magnolia Days
- Thai Red Curry with Beef and Butternut Squash by kimchi MOM
- Vietnamese Style Beef Stew by I’m Not the Nanny