When I was a kid, it was all about the Grilled Cheese. It is still a go-to comfort food, but now it has a big twist. A gourmet grilled cheese sandwich fit for a king. I give you our favorite Avocado Bacon Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich. A truly gourmet take on a true classic.
Did you know that April is National Grilled Cheese Month? The Sunday Supper tastemakers are bringing you a whole recipe box of absolutely mouth-watering grilled cheese sandwiches. Be sure and check that list out at the bottom of the post, after you read about this amazing sandwich.
We’ve made this Avocado Bacon Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich for years when I took two different grilled cheese recipes and basically combined them into one to create this mouthful of goodness.
It’s the Ultimate Grilled Cheese. I guess it’s OUR Ultimate Grilled Cheese.
I mean, how can it not be with all it’s ooey gooey deliciousness and added flavors. It’s like a giant flavor meld in your mouth, while still be that same classic comfort food we all know and love.
I love Grilled Cheese, don’t you?
Avocado Bacon Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich
And my kids love it too. I mean it’s gooey and melty like the grilled cheese they know and love, but it also has layer upon layer of added flavor.
Plus, I felt good because I was able to get some good veggies into them, but still make it taste good to them by adding something they all love.
Sunday Supper Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes
- Banana FluffaNutella Grilled Cheese by Soulfully Made
- Strawberry French Toast Grilled Cheese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- The Ultimate Doughnut Grilled Cheese by Pies and Plots
Not You Average ‘Wiches
- Caprese Grilled Eggplant Roll Ups by Caroline’s Cooking
- Inside Out BBQ Ribs Grilled Cheese by The Freshman Cook
- Mozzarella Stick Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
Protein Filled ‘Wiches
- Avocado Bacon Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Daily Dish Recipes
- Bacon Cheddar Grilled Chip Butty by Tramplingrose
- Grilled Dill Havarti and Salmon by My World Simplified
- Grilled Liz Lemon Sandwich by Cricket’s Confections
- Reuben Paninis by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Shrimp and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Smoked Brie, Bacon and Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Our Good Life
Sweet and Savory ‘Wiches
- Applewood Gouda and Pear Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bacon, Apple, Brie Panini by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Monte Cristo with Blackberry Jam by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Southern Gentleman’s Grilled Cheese with Cherry-Bourbon Jam by Gourmet Everyday
Veggie Loaded ‘Wiches
- Apricot Poblano Grilled Cheese Sandwich by My Life Cookbook
- Arugula Basil Pesto Grilled Cheese by Helpful Homemade
- Grilled Brie With Smoky Portobellos and Caramelized Onions by Simple and Savory
Nicole Cook is the owner/editor of Daily Dish Recipes, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on food/cooking/cocktails and much more.
She calls the Midwest home – Missouri to be exact. Coffee is her go-to drink, music is her vice and she is endlessly tethered with devices to her online world. She loves all things planner, lives for her great big family and loves her pets endlessly!
Her motto in life: Live Simply, Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots. Always, always laugh lots.