Roasted vegetables and creamy pesto chicken combine to make this Roasted Vegetable and Chicken Pesto Penne the perfect solution to dinner tonight!
School is back in officially back in session. We’re on our second week.
With all the teens activities and then my own projects and work, I feel like I’m pulled twenty directions and I hardly have time to take a breath.
Let alone cook a healthy meal.
This means I have to find quick and easy ways to put a healthy, yet hearty meal on the table for 5 busy teenagers. It’s not always easy.
In the meantime, my garden is overflowing and vegetables are pouring in at a rapid rate. I can’t keep up and my refrigerator reflects that.
On the second night of school, I thought maybe I’d use up whatever I could get into a meal. This actually meant using up a whole bunch of tomatoes, two zucchini, and half an onion.
We made a salad to go with it, just so I could use up some more and then whipped up a homemade salad dressing which is coming to the blog soon.
For now, I hope you enjoy this easy meal, that is perfect for a great weeknight dinner.
More great weeknight meal ideas
Recipe for Roasted Vegetable and Chicken Pesto Penne
Roasted Vegetable and Chicken Pesto Penne
- 16 oz. uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cups of sliced zucchini 1 lg. or 2 sm.
- 2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- ½ cups of chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- ¼ cups of grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cups of sour cream
- ¼ cups of pesto
- 2 cups sliced cooked chicken
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta as directed on the package.
- Meanwhile while the pasta is boiling, toss the slices of zucchini and sliced tomatoes with the olive oil on a baking sheet; season with some salt and pepper. Roast the vegetables until tender, about 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting and the pasta is boiling, in a large bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, sour cream and pesto. Drain pasta. Add pasta and chicken to Parmesan mixture; toss to coat. Add roasted vegetables when done and toss again, gently to coat.