Easy and quick, Beat the Heat Week night meal, these One Skillet Steak Fajitas will fill you up fast but not raise the temperature!
Summer is in full swing, and I cannot believe we are approaching the end of July. What?
Before we know it, it’s going to be Back to School time and life will get crazy again.
What’s more fun over the summer than a good summer vacation.
It often doesn’t matter where you go at all, just as long as you spend time as a family.
We have one more big trip scheduled before the end of summer.
When we travel, we like staying at hotels and extended stay places that have kitchens, because we save money on eating out.
I love being able to cook in my room and not have to spend a fortune on a restaurant for all of us.
In the hot summer months, even when I am at home, I hate heating my kitchen up.
We already battle the heat, so why make it worse?
Anything that can be made quickly and in a single skillet makes me smile.
This One Skillet Steak Fajita dish is SUPER easy and can be made all in one skillet on a stove or even over a campfire.
This makes it the perfect meal for your travels in a hotel room with a kitchen, camping or even just at home to keep the house from heating up.
Here are some more great summer vacation recipes!
Let’s make One Skillet Steak Fajitas
Are you ready to beat the heat and still have a delicious meal? Let’s get this skillet started!
One Skillet Steak Fajitas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. of skirt steak or flank steak sliced into strips
- 1 small onion peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning
- shredded cheese
- flour tortillas
- sour cream guacamole, salsa
- Season the steak with the fajita seasoning.
- In a large skillet on the stove, heat the olive oil and toss in the steak and cook for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat. Toss in all the vegetables and reduce heat to medium.
- Sprinkle some more fajita seasoning if desired. Cook everything an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with flour tortillas, shredded cheese and sour cream, salsa and guacamole.