Delicious Tuna Stuffed Cheesy Potatoes are the perfect quick meal time solution for an easy side dish or even the main course!
It’s a New Year, New You! We are full swing into the New Year and much like everyone else, I made goals and resolutions that I mostly follow throughout the year. The thing with me and resolutions is that I do better with goals. I set several goals and work towards them until I complete them. If I do make a resolutions, I don’t say, “Lose 20 pounds”. Instead I say, “I’m going to live healthier in 2015.”, and then I do it.
Living a healthier lifestyle has been a goal of mine for the past two New Years and I have done surprisingly well with that goal throughout 2014. This year, I will continue that trend by meeting my daily water intake, walking more and eating healthier. Have I lost weight? I sure have. More than 25-30 pounds by doing nothing more than just living healthier. Watching portions, increasing water in take, limiting soda and sugar and being more active.
One of my favorite things I did was to incorporate more seafood into my diet. I love salmon and other fish, shrimp, crab and lobster. I am doing so with Bumble Bee Seafood because our whole family loves the Bumble Bee Seafood products and there are so many wonderful ways you can use the different products in recipes.
Available in can or pouch, each Bumble Bee product is an easy and delicious way to add a variety of nutrients to your diet, including lean protein, healthy fat, and important vitamins and minerals.
Our favorite Bumble Bee Seafood is Tuna and we eat it a lot! Because we eat it a lot, we try to change up how we prepare it, so we aren’t just eating plain tuna, tuna patties or tuna salad all the time. Instead, this is one of our favorite ways to make it. Stuffed with mushrooms, green peppers, green onions, black olives and cheese in potatoes. You will be shocked when you taste the flavor burst in your mouth, and want to keep coming back for more. This is my boyfriends go-to lunch before work when he has to work a later shift and needs something that will keep him full awhile but not pack on the pounds, and this is it!
This is a healthy, filling, EASY meal that is on the table in about 20-30 minutes and can be made in so many different ways. Here’s how we enjoy them.
Add whatever ingredients you’d like to
Leave me a comment and tell me what your favorite Bumble Bee recipe is.
Tuna Stuffed Cheesy Potatoes
Tuna Stuffed Cheesy Potatoes
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese grated
- ¼ cup black olives sliced
- ½ cup mushrooms chopped
- ¼ cup cup green onion chopped
- ¼ cup green pepper chopped
- 1 4 oz can of Bumble Bee Tuna in water drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- sour cream bacon bits, chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Bake your potatoes about an hour or so, or until you can press a fork right into them. Let them cool. Careful not to get them too soft, or you will have some trouble with the next part. Note: Often we simply microwave the potatoes so the whole process goes faster, this way I can have dinner on the table in about a half hour or so.
- Slice the potatoes in half and spoon out the potato filling out of each halve into a bowl. Leave about 1/4″ thickness of potato around the edge (like you were making potato skins) so that the shell stays together.
- Mash or break up the potatoes a little with a fork, and then add the mayonnaise, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, black olives, mushrooms, green onion, green pepper and tuna. Sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix or mash it all together with a fork lightly.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the potato mixture into each half potato skin.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Place on a baking pan and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and everything is hot.
- Serve immediately. Top with sour cream, bacon, chives or whatever else you want, or serve alone like we do.
- These even taste good as leftovers straight out of the fridge the next day or reheated. Yum!