Creamy pasta loaded with crisp bacon and fresh asparagus. This Rigatoni with Bacon and Asparagus is the perfect weeknight meal. Fast and Easy.
This creamy pasta is a perfect weeknight meal, but is elegant enough to be served for any occasion. It is a real family favorite.
Why We Love This Rigatoni with Bacon and Asparagus
- Easy, and uses easy to find ingredients
- Fast Prep and Cooking – means meal on the table in no time at all
- Bacon? Enough said!
- It’s a comfort meal, while still being incredibly elegant for any occasion.
Every month I used to get so excited for The Secret Recipe Club assignments. This recipe was from one of the members of the SRC who no longer blogs.
The SRC was an awesome group of foodies/recipe lovers, who were assigned a different blog each month.
The blog was kept secret from the rest of the group until reveal day.
During the month, you were to choose a recipe from the blog to create during the month, make it and then at the end reveal which blog you had and which recipe you chose on a certain date each month.
When choosing my recipe for this reveal, it was the asparagus that actually caught my eye.
I am a sucker for any dish I can add to my collection of asparagus recipes.
Such a healthy veggie that is so good prepared in pasta dishes and I love the fact that they are not cooked to be too soft, but still have a little crunch to them.
They really add something special to this Rigatoni with Bacon and Asparagus.
And bacon recipes. Did I mention them? I love bacon… I’m always surprised when I find the rare person who doesn’t really like bacon. What? Bacon recipes are so good! Anyway! Is there really anything better than adding savory bacon tho this Rigatoni with Bacon and Asparagus?
I absolutely love this dish: Rigatoni with Bacon and Asparagus was the perfect pick for Secret Recipe Club this month.
What did you make this month? Any other asparagus recipes or bacon recipes out there? I’m looking for even more.
I have another fantastic pasta recipe you might love too… Baked Rigatoni with Bechamel Sauce and Garlic Sauteed Spinach.
Update: I added two dishes from this group to my bacon recipes collection. Be sure and check out the great recipes in this week’s reveal!
Are you ready to make some Rigatoni with Bacon and Asparagus?
Rigatoni with Bacon and Asparagus
- 1 package rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅔ cup half and half
- ½ cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Boil your water.
- Follow package directions for cooking Rigatoni. Drain Pasta.
- In a dutch oven, bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes.
- Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- In same pan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove the bacon to paper towels to drain. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Saute garlic in butter and oil until tender. Stir in the cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in mozzarella until melted. Drain rigatoni; add to pan. Stir in the salt, asparagus and reserved bacon.
- Sprinkle with parmigiano-reggiano cheese and parsley.
- Eat & Enjoy! The only thing I changed is that we substituted Oregano for the Parsley. This was absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!