This moist, delicious Mocha Nut Bread is a delicious chocolate coffee bread speckled with soft chocolate chips and crunchy pecans.
This is a really fantastic, flavorful and easy recipe and it’s just perfect when you have a chocolate craving.
The ingredients aren’t too hard to find at all.
You can use whatever you have on hand, but I thought I’d share a few favorites.
Instant Coffee Granules – I just buy whatever brand I can find. I really am not picky. But if you want a lot of coffee flavor, I suggest a bold flavor like these Espresso Granules. They are my favorite!
Baking Cocoa – So I usually make this with straight regular unsweetened baking cocoa, BUT I absolutely love this with Hershey’s Special Dark Baking Cocoa.
We love this nut bread with pecans, but you could use a different nut if you wanted to.
Walnuts and macadamia nuts go perfectly in this incredible Mocha Nut Bread.
You can also use any chocolate chips.
We’ve used white chocolate, dark chocolate and semi sweet.
They all give a different flavor, of course.
Are you ready to make your own Mocha Nut Bread?
Recipe for Mocha Nut Bread
Mocha Nut Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients and combine well. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the sour cream, eggs, and butter. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour batter into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until the top gets shiny and the sides pull away from the sides.
- Remove from oven and cool in loaf pan for 10 minutes.
- Next, remove from loaf pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.