Cinnamon Roll Pancakes are made with the best parts of a traditional cinnamon roll, but in a stack of pancakes instead.
Enjoy on a special weekend or a holiday, topped with syrup, icing or whipped cream.
First, let me welcome you to Christmas Sweets Week!
What better way to celebrate the holidays than with food and fun? 25 bloggers from around the country have come together to share some of their favorite sweet Christmas recipes!!
Deck the halls and get ready for very merry sweet treats, like fudge, cookies, Christmas morning breakfasts, layer cakes, cocoa, and more!
Follow along on social media with our #ChristmasSweetsWeek hashtag. Happy Holidays!
I am starting the week off with these delicious, incredible special Cinnamon Roll Pancakes.
The first time I ever had them I was awfully young and I wondered how my friends mom made pancakes taste just like Cinnamon Rolls.
After awhile, we began to experiment with some of our favorite pancake recipes to design a delicious cinnamon pancake.
Once we had the cinnamon pancakes down, it was time to tweak the cinnamon swirl until both the pancake and swirl were the perfect balance.
I think we have done it with this incredible Cinnamon Roll Pancakes recipe.
Just look at all that cinnamon and sugar blended with that melted butter.
These pancakes are decadent and so special.
You can serve them with icing if you want, to get the full effect of a Cinnamon Roll, but we actually love ours with syrup.
It doesn’t matter. For a more delicious dessert like treat, top with whipped cream and then sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.
These are perfect for holiday brunches, Christmas Eve or Christmas Day Breakfast.
It doesn’t matter when you enjoy them, because they will make that meal perfectly special.
Here is an example of how to swirl the cinnamon swirl into the pancake batter on the griddle.
It’s basically just a circular swirl.
When I’m in a hurry, they don’t turn out looking beautiful each time, but trust me it won’t matter.
They are simply bursting with such great flavor!
Are you ready to whip up a batch of Cinnamon Roll Pancakes?
More Great Christmas Sweets Recipes
Enjoy these Christmas Sweets recipes from our bloggers:
Christmas Pastries and Desserts:
Angel Sugar Crisps from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Peppermint Chunk Cookies from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Snowman Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Toy Soldier Frosted Brownies from Big Bear’s Wife
Vegan Gingerbread Layer Cake from The Baking Fairy
Bourbon Balls from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Chocolate Peppermint Truffles from Family Around the Table
Christmas Crack (Saltine Toffee) from Palatable Pastime
Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Candy from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Spiced Pecans with a Rum Glaze from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Star Crunch Inspired Bars from Our Good Life
Are you ready to whip up some Cinnamon Roll Pancakes?
You can print the recipe below or pin for later. Thank you for supporting our recipes here at Daily Dish Recipes!
More Delicious Pancake Recipes
- Andes Chocolate Mint Pancakes
- Best Blueberry Pancakes
- Chunky Monkey Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
- Christie’s Peanut Butter Pancakes
- Ellen’s Apple Cider Pancakes
Recipe for Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
For Cinnamon Swirl:
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Start by heating your griddle to 375 degrees F. It needs to preheat about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, lower the temperature to about 365 degrees F before adding pancake batter.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar and cinnamon. Once whisked, create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk, eggs, butter and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, melted butter and cinnamon until smooth. Pour your completed mixture into a zip top bag and snip off about 1/4" off a corner and set aside until ready. For best results, store bag with the snipped corner upright in a glass or container.
- Once your griddle is ready, use a ladle and spoon out about 1/4 cup of pancake batter. If you move quickly, you can probably spoon out about 4-6 pancakes.
- Grab your cinnamon swirl bag, and immediately swirl in a large circle ending in the middle of each pancake. (see photo in post for an example)
- Cook each pancake until bubbles break the surface of the pancakes, and the undersides are golden, about 2 minutes.
- Flip with a spatula and cook about 1 minute more.
- Serve warm with syrup, whipped cream or icing. Enjoy!