Berries and Cream Angel Food Cupcakes start with a simple angel food cupcake, then smothered in creamy homemade whipped cream and topped with fresh berries. They are simple, yet the absolute perfect summer cupcake!
Welcome to Berry Week! This week, June 15-19, 2020, we are celebrating all things Berry.
Do you love raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, boysenberries, huckleberries?
If it’s a berry, we’ve got you covered this week!
From delicious ways to start your day, to snacks, desserts and everything else in between, you will find a berry recipe perfect for any occasion.
Let’s talk Berries and Cream Angel Food Cupcakes
These cupcakes are super simple. They start with a delicate, fluffy angel food cupcake.
They are topped with creamy whipped cream.
I have provided the recipe for the homemade whipped cream, but you can skip that step and use store-bought if it’s easier.
To finish them off, we topped them with fresh berries.
These are literally a favorite at our summer BBQ’s.
Here are a few tips to make these angel food cupcakes:
1. Use parchment baking cups, rather than traditional paper cupcake liners. The cupcakes are less likely to stick to the parchment paper making more of the cupcake release. Angel food is sticky and can get stuck to the cupcake liner. These are our favorite Parchment Baking Cups.
2. Use Cake Flour. Trust me. It simply makes these light and tender, a very different crumb than if trying to use all purpose flour. Also, I have other recipes using cake flour, so it won’t go to waste.
3. Separate the egg whites from the yolk when the eggs are still cold. Then allow the egg whites to come to room temperature (about 30 minutes to an hour before whipping).
Monday Berry Week Recipes
- Berries and Cream Angel Food Cupcakes by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blackberry Dumplings by Eat Move Make
- Blackberry Lemon Sweet Rolls by Sweet Beginnings
- Blueberry, Basil and Goat Cheese Galette by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Easy Strawberry Mousse Dessert by Blogghetti
- Four Berry Jam by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris by The Redhead Baker
- Mixed Berry Bread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Raspberry Ribbon Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Strawberries and Cream Scones by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Vegan Strawberry Pistachio Crisp by The Baking Fairy
- Very Berry Salsa by The Freshman Cook
Pin For Later:
If you’d like to save this recipe, or simply share with friends or family, pin it for later! We appreciate it!
Are you ready to make Berries and Cream Angel Food Cupcakes?
Scroll down for the recipe.
For more delicious cupcake recipes, visit our visual cakes and cupcake recipe index.