Halloween Mint Milkshakes
Minty, green and festive, these Halloween Mint Milkshakes are delicious, topped with sprinkles just in time to celebrate!
Looking for more Halloween Recipes? Try these Black Cauldron Halloween Cupcakes or Halloween Puppy Chow.
Why we love this recipe
- minty flavor
- creamy texture
- easy to make
- great for anytime – not just Halloween.
- pretty close copycat of McDonald’s Shamrock Shakes but with sprinkles <3
But let’s talk about these creamy, delicious, minty Halloween Mint Milkshakes. Always a huge hit with the kids and the fun and festive green color gets them every time.
Ingredients for Mint Milkshakes
To make Mint Milkshakes, you only need three ingredients. However, if you want them to be the Halloween Mint Milkshakes, you probably need two extra ingredients.
- vanilla ice cream – any kind, any brand – store bought or homemade
- milk – we used whole milk, but anything should work here.
- peppermint extract – we used this one, it’s one of our favorites.
- green food color – this is the one we used… but you can use any kind you have.
- sprinkles – any Halloween sprinkles will do, and the pack I originally used, I can’t find anymore – but you can use these or these and they will work just fine!
Substitutions for Halloween Mint Milkshakes
If you want to add a different flavoring, you totally can. It doesn’t have to be mint.
If you want to use a different ice cream flavor, you can do that too, you will just need it to be very light or pale, so that the green effect takes place with the coloring.
And yes, you can use dairy free ice cream, coconut or almond milk, or any other variety of products to basically create this same look. If serving in tiny glasses for a party, this particular recipe will make 2-3 servings depending on size.
However if serving in a tall milkshake glass, this only makes a single serving.
So double, triple, quadruple and so on, the recipe until you get what you want.
More Fantastic Halloween Recipes
- Jack Skellington Dessert Cheese Ball
- Spooky Graveyard Layer Cake
- Halloween Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
- Fall Apple Cider Sangria
- Eye See You Bundt Cake
- Ghostly S’mores and Caramel Dip
- Crystal Lake Punch
- Ghost Hi Hat Cupcakes
- Vegan Pumpkin Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate Sprinkle Frosting
- Spider Cider Cocktail
- Bat-tastic Caramel Apples
Feeling a little minty? These festive milkshakes are perfect for Halloween.
But don’t forget St. Patrick’s Day too! You can top with whipped cream and these sprinkles for a festive touch!
Recipe for Halloween Mint Milkshakes
Halloween Mint Milkshakes
- 1 ½ cups vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon Adams Extract peppermint extract
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Adams Extract green food color
- In your blender, scoop the ice cream, milk, peppermint extract and food coloring and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, add a straw and garnish with sprinkles.
- Serve immediately.