Fluffy, Moist Green Pistachio Pudding Pancakes with full pistachio pudding flavor make a great breakfast idea for St. Patrick’s Day or any day you want something a little different.
For some reason, when holiday time rolls around, any holiday, we tend to enjoy playing with our food. I mean playing with food can be fun. I guess maybe ‘playing with food’ isn’t quite right – but rather, play with how we make it.
So yesterday morning in honor of St. Patrick’s Day we decided to make green pancakes, but we wanted to take the a step further and we went with Green Pistachio Pudding Pancakes. They were so good!! In fact, the Green Pistachio Pudding Pancakes were SO good we decided we had to share them on the blog.
The problem was, we weren’t planning to put these on the blog, because they were really a bit of an experiment. But they turned out so good, we had to share. We only got two photos before they were literally consumed.
Hungry teenagers plus really tasty pancakes, equals not a lot of photo opportunity before something is quickly gone. We WILL be making these Green Pistachio Pudding Pancakes much more frequently now though. Probably without the dye when it isn’t holiday time.
Green Pistachio Pudding Pancakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.5 ounces of pistachio pudding mix and pie filling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 drops green food coloring
- chopped nuts if desired
- Heat your griddle.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in one bowl. In another bowl, combine the eggs and melted butter. Add the milk. Drop in food coloring.
- Combine the two bowls, stirring until combined.
- We used a ¼ cup measuring cup to scoop out the batter for the pancakes so we wound up with fairly nice sized pancakes. Drop the pancake batter onto the griddle and cook until both sides are golden. Serve with whipped cream and/or syrup. Yum!!