Rich, dark chocolate goodness in every bite of these incredibly moist, delicious Triple Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache.
I cannot even tell you how much fun it was to prepare these little chocolate gems for This Week’s Cravings theme this week.
I mean, come on, chocolate? Definitely.
I have four daughters, trust me we love chocolate.
I tried a few recipes to figure out what I wanted to make this week, so I have more delicious chocolate related recipes to share in upcoming weeks, but this week it’s the Triple Chocolate Cupcakes covered in a rich, dark chocolate ganache. Yum!
We chose these cupcakes due to the theme being Chocolate Cubed, why not make some cupcakes that are chocolate cubed – ha!
Did you know that the 3rd week of March is American Chocolate Week?
Yeah, I didn’t either but if there is a holiday to celebrate chocolate, and especially one that celebrates it for a week straight, who am I to complain? Right? Right. Don’t argue with a woman and her chocolate!
I’m going to make this easy, because you have to start with a basic chocolate cake mix. I have one I use as just my basic chocolate cake – you know – the kind you can make for any occasion and dress up or down.
I strongly suggest trying mine because its the one I used for these and I can testify to how delicious it is.
We used this chocolate cake recipe. But you can totally use a box mix if you want too. It will still taste just as incredibly delicious!
Let’s get down to business, now.
Are you ready to make Triple Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Recipe?
Triple Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- Basic Chocolate Cake Mix Recipe prepare the batter
- 1 3.4- ounces box chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cups cold whole milk
- 1 cups semi sweet chocolate chopped or 1 c. chocolate chips
For Chocolate Ganache:
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 14-16 liners in muffin cups. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare the batter of whatever recipe you chose for your chocolate cake batter.
- In a small bowl, mix the milk, chocolate pudding mix and the chocolate chips until blended. Set aside.
- Spoon the chocolate cake batter into muffin tins about 2/3rds of the way full. You should have enough batter for about a dozen and a half cupcakes.
- Scoop a spoonful of the chocolate pudding mixture on top of each cupcake. Just leave it there on top, don’t mess with it or try to push it down.
- Bake for about 20-24 minutes. (or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean)
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before adding the chocolate ganache.
For Chocolate Ganache:
- Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, as it’s starting to bubble, but not froth, pour the chopped chocolate in and then whisk until nice and smooth.
- Remove from stove and allow to cool for about 10-20 minutes before pouring onto the cupcakes.