Warm up to winter with a sinfully delicious, Cherry Cordial Hot Chocolate -with marshmallow. Sweet cherry cordial meets Chocolate Marshmallow milk, for a true hot chocolate win!
Warm up to winter with this delicious hot beverage that will keep you toasty all winter long.
It’s a sinfully delicious, sweet cherry cordial meets flavorful Marshmallow milk, for a true hot chocolate win!
If you don’t have marshmallow milk, try one of these methods:
- make your own homemade marshmallow milk by following this recipe.
- Or you can simply add marshmallow extract to the recipe after removing from the stove.
Note: We originally used TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow milk, but we see it isn’t carried anymore. So we redid the recipe with all the needed ingredients.
There is nothing I love better than playing with recipes specifically for my kiddo’s.
Whether it’s my littles, or my teens, I’m always trying to find something fun!
Since we’ve been trapped inside because of the bitter cold, experimenting with fun hot chocolate flavors has become part of our typical day for all ages.
We have snow on the ground and more predicted for tonight.
This makes hot chocolate a must in our world and this flavorful combination creates this super simple Cherry Marshmallow Cordial Hot Chocolate.
So much easier! Try it Hot! You won’t be disappointed.
How did we come up with this recipe?
When we set out to make hot chocolate one night, we decided to mix different flavors together.
We fell in love with Chocolate Marshmallow.
We also had a little box of cherry cordials sitting on the counter.
I was looking at the flavors and thought, what if you could kind of combine the two?
The result was this Cherry Marshmallow Cordial Hot Chocolate – a delicious, chocolaty, creamy, amazing cup of hot chocolate that is literally like no other!
Yes, I know that was a lot of adjectives but seriously, you must Try It Hot!
This Cherry Marshmallow Cordial Hot Chocolate can be made differently by creating some real fruit syrups on the stovetop and adding whatever fruit you want to the drink.
To make homemade fruit syrups:
1 1/2 – 2 cups of your fruit
3/4 cup of sugar
1 cup of warm water
In a pan on the stove top on high, add 1 cup of warm water and 3/4 cup of sugar and stir them together. Add the fruit and bring it to a boil. Boil for about a minute and then turn down to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Strain the liquid and discard the fruit. Allow the syrup to cool completely before using. Can be stored in the fridge in sealed jar for about 2 weeks.
Use to create new hot chocolate recipes or other beverages or drizzle on ice cream.
Here are more fun Hot Chocolate Flavored Recipes!
- Hot Chocolate Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting
- Hot Chocolate Brownies with Marshmallow
- Hazelnut Hot Chocolate Drops
Are you ready to make this Cherry Marshmallow Cordial Hot Chocolate?
Cherry Marshmallow Cordial Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons hot cocoa mix
- 1 teaspoons marshmallow extract
- 2 tablespoons grenadine or Maraschino cherry juice
- whipped cream optional for garnish
- maraschino cherries optional for garnish
- marshmallows optional for garnish
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix together the milk, hot cocoa mix and marshmallow extract and the two tablespoons of grenadine. Taste test and add more grenadine if desired.
- Heat in microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry, if desired.