A wonderfully quick and easy weeknight meal of Shrimp Scampi and Rice Stuffed Roasted Peppers, ready in less than 30 minutes.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Shrimp is a favorite, shrimp scampi is perfection
- Super easy and quick
- Filling and hearty
- A great weeknight meal
- Great for parties
- It is simply delicious!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Green Peppers
- Shrimp Scampi
- White Rice
- Green and Red Peppers
- Olive Oil
If you’d like to add other veggies, that’s great too. See below for some extra suggestions.
If you’re looking for more ideas of what you can add into these delicious Shrimp Scampi and Rice Stuffed Roasted Peppers, here are a few suggestions.
- chopped onion
- sliced black olives
- chopped scallions
- minced Italian herbs
- sun dried tomatoes
- really any vegetable makes a fantastic addition
- another fun thing to do, is to add some bacon, chopped
How To Make Shrimp Scampi and Rice Stuffed Roasted Peppers
All it calls for is your favorite sauteed veggies chopped up, some cooked brown or white rice and then of course, preparing the shrimp scampi according to package directions. Mix it all up.
Simply chop veggies, and saute. Stir in prepared Shrimp Scampi.
Once it’s all mixed up, take green peppers, cut the tops off and clean them out. Fill them up with the great shrimp and rice mixture and pop them in a baking dish.
Just pop them in the oven and cook at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes.
If you wish, during the last 5 minutes, sprinkle the top with some cheese. So delish!
Recipe for Shrimp Scampi and Rice Stuffed Roasted Peppers
Shrimp Scampi and Rice Stuffed Roasted Peppers
- 2 green peppers tops sliced and seeds removed
- ¼ cup green pepper chopped
- ¼ cup red pepper chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown or white rice
- 1 12 oz box SeaPak Shrimp Scampi prepared according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet on the stove, add the chopped veggies and 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Saute for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, prepare SeaPak shrimp scampi according to package directions.
- Mix together the cooked shrimp scampi and the cooked rice. Add the sauteed vegetables and toss to combine.
- Once you have cut the tops off the two green peppers, and cleaned out the seeds, stuff them with the rice and shrimp mixture.
- Pop them into a baking dish and cook at 350 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes. If you wish, during the last 5 minutes, sprinkle the top with some cheese. So delish!