Buttery rice, infused with fresh squeezed lemon juice, minced garlic and cracked pepper makes this Garlic Lemon Pepper Rice the perfect side dish for any summertime meal.
This rice is SO good.
Garlic Lemon Pepper Rice reminds me SO much of shrimp scampi (minus the shrimp of course).
It is the perfect side dish served with grilled chicken or a steak or better yet, whip up some shrimp and in my opinion, you pretty much have shrimp scampi.
The smooth buttery flavor with the tartness of fresh squeezed lemon juice, cracked black pepper and garlic simply makes it the perfect addition to any meal.
Need something for a quick side for dinner? Here ya go.
Need a more elegant side for a dinner party… also, here you go.
What better way to welcome summer than with over 50 recipes featuring bright and sunny lemons?
Come join me and my fellow Lemon Week bloggers as we bring you recipes from appetizers to drinks to entrées and desserts!
As the unofficial kick off to summer, today is day 1 of Lemon Week. And I’m SO glad you’re here!
That means you’re going to be getting some of the best lemon recipes all week long.
Appetizers, Cocktails, Desserts, Mains and Sides, if you’re a lemon lover, there’s something for you.
Just follow the hashtag #LemonWeek on social media and you will find all kinds of wonderful things to make.
What can I pair this lemon pepper rice dish with?
This dish goes great with all kinds of things – chicken, seafood, steak.
Here are a few things we’ve made it with.
- Broiled Steak and Asparagus with Feta Cream Sauce
- Ranch Grilled Chicken
- Baja Lime Grilled Shrimp Tacos (serve on side or in the tacos …. so good!)
If you’re looking for more great lemon recipes… check these out!
Monday #LemonWeek Recipes
- Lemon Dessert Sauce
- Chicken Picatta
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Strawberry Lemonade Rice Krispies Treats
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Grilled Lemon Mojito
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Piccata
- Deep Eddy Lemonade Vodka Spritzer
- Meyer Lemon Scones
- Shortbread Lemon Tart
- South Indian Lemon Rice
- Lemon Cookies
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken
Are you ready to make Garlic Lemon Pepper Rice?
It’s about time, simply scroll down and get a printable recipe you can whip up tonight. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a star rating on the recipe and/or tell me about it in the comments below! I always love to hear your thoughts. And tag me #dailydishrecipes on Instagram or Pinterest if you’ve made any of my recipes. I always love to see what you’re making in your kitchen.
If you want to see more, please follow us on instagram, pinterest, facebook or twitter. See you there!
And here we go!
Recipe for Garlic Lemon Pepper Rice
Garlic Lemon Pepper Rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups uncooked white rice
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- In a medium pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and stir about 1 minute.
- Add the black pepper, and lemon juice.
- Stir in the rice and mix to coat with the butter sauce.
- Add the chicken broth, dried parsley and salt. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover with a lid and reduce to a low simmer. Cook about 15 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed into the rice.
- Remove from heat, and again cover with a lid. Allow to stand 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Remove lid, and fluff rice with a fork. Season with a little salt and more black pepper, if desired.