These tangy, spicy Baja Lime Grilled Shrimp Tacos are the perfect summer meal, light but filling – deliciously perfect anytime!
With the weather heating up here in St. Louis, all I have been craving lately is simple summery style meals. So what better way is there to end a summer evening, than with these savory, tangy Baja Lime Grilled Shrimp Tacos? Are you looking for something a little different to serve for dinner tonight? Maybe something that will bring your family together and takes a normal shrimp taco, and kicks it up a notch. Or two. Something that doesn’t require a lot of time and is fairly easy to throw together? Yep, right here. Baja Lime Grilled Shrimp Tacos.
The best part of these is that they can be served hot or cold. The shrimp tastes amazing either way, and everything is prepared either in one skillet on the stove, or you can skewer the shrimp and grill it up on the grill. So there is no long oven preheating or baking keeping the house nice and cool and with shrimp, it doesn’t take long to cook, so even better when using the stove top.
Ready to whip up some Baja Lime Grilled Shrimp Tacos tonight?
Baja Lime Grilled Shrimp Tacos
These tangy, spicy Baja Lime Grilled Shrimp Tacos are the perfect summer meal, light but filling - deliciously perfect anytime!
- 2 lbs. medium size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of salt
- soft flour tortillas
- Toppings to try: fresh tomatoes, sliced avocados, shredded cheese, shredded cabbage, fresh chopped cilantro
- In a large bowl or ziptop bag, toss the shrimp with the olive oil, garlic, juice of 1 lime, smoked paprika, chili powder and a pinch of salt. Toss to coat evenly and allow to marinade for 1-3 hours. I strongly recommend the three hours if you have it, as it retains much more flavor. Otherwise, at least 1 hour is necessary.
- After 1-3 hours, heat skillet on medium high. As soon as it's hot, add the shrimp and marinade and cook for 2 minutes. Flip each shrimp and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve on flour tortillas with fresh chopped tomatoes, avocado slices, cheese, cabbage, and fresh chopped cilantro.
Serve with a fun sauce. I made up a little extra marinade and combined it with sour cream to make a delicious Baja Lime Sauce to serve with the Baja Lime Grilled Shrimp Tacos. Delish!