An easy weeknight dinner, this delicious savory sausage shrimp and veggies with cheesy rice is incredible! Super simple, super fast.
There is nothing more that I love, then spending time with my kids.
And in the kitchen, we can get creative, talk, laugh and have a good time. They love to help me cook, but they also love taking the reigns and cooking their own meals for the family.
I don’t mind, because I get a break and get to eat delicious meals like this Sausage Shrimp and Veggies with Cheesy Rice.
My kids often turn to Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice to complete the meals they dream up in the kitchen.
In the case of this Sausage Shrimp and Veggies dish, they chose Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice to give this dish some extra creamy, cheesy flavor!
Uncle Ben’s help’s us make quick and easy meals which makes it easier for my kids to get creative in the kitchen!
Ben’s Beginners began with a simple ambition – to get kids to cook. We share that in common. I love seeing my teenagers in the kitchen.
As the mom of many, getting my kids into the kitchen has always been a huge part of my nightly meal prep. We started when they were pretty small.
They love helping, making their own recipes and helping me plan the weeks meals, as well as shop for them.
This super simple meal is the perfect ending to a busy day. It comes together fast and is easy enough to obviously allow a teenager to make it.
If you don’t have access to an Uncle Ben’s mix, you can make your own cheesy rice. Or find another brand.
It’s all up to you. That’s always what makes the quick weeknight meals the essential part of your meal planning. Do you think?
Sausage Shrimp and Veggies with Cheesy Rice
- 14 ounces Kielbasa sausage sliced
- 1 pounds shrimp thawed
- 1 cup bell pepper sliced
- ½ cup onion diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 cup zucchini sliced
- 2 cups alfredo sauce homemade or storebought
- 16 ounces ready rice any flavor (we chose Creamy Four Cheese)
- In a large skillet, begin cooking the sliced sausage over medium heat, about 5 minutes.
- Toss in the shrimp, bell pepper, onion, zucchini and garlic and continue cooking about 5-10 more minutes. When the onions are translucent and the bell pepper is softened, stir in your creamy alfredo sauce.
- Microwave a packet of Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice per package directions.
- Spoon the rice onto a plate. Then spoon the creamy sausage and shrimp over the top. Serve!
I have loads of easy recipes on my site – feel free to browse my recipe index for more inspiration!