Who’s ready for Mardi Gras?
I know we are!
St. Louis is known as one of the cities with the largest Mardi Gras celebrations. Huge parades, floats, day events and of course the annual Fat Tuesday events are in abundance here. My children’s father is from Louisiana and one year we were actually there for the big event.
While I don’t do that sort of thing much anymore, you can still find me in the kitchen having a lot of fun with food that day. We love Creole food, it’s so spicy and wonderfully flavorful.
Mardi Gras is historically a food focused holiday, which makes it perfect for me. Traditionally, we usually make a big old pot of Jambalaya the day of the parade festivities, have some family over and watch everything on tv. We are doing that again this year, but instead of a big pot of Jambalaya, I decided to mix it up a little and serve bite size food. This year we are making Jambalaya Cajun Shrimp Bites! They are so tasty and easy to just pop into your mouth. Because you saute the shrimp in Creole seasoning first, you get a little extra spice from that too. Zatarain’s is my go-to mix to make Jambalaya, which is a staple for our Mardi Gras celebration. Zatarain’s is celebrating 125 years this year, so you know they know cajun/creole like it’s nobody’s business. The mixes are so versatile and easy to use, allowing full customization, and allowing me to change our normal giant pot of Jambalaya to cute little bite size morsels.
For more great recipes check out our awesome Jambalaya Recipes featuring Zatarains mixes and creole seasonings Pinterest Board.
Be sure and visit:
Also be sure and check out the other fabulous recipes for Jambalaya inspired dishes!
Appetizers and Soup
- Chicken Jambalaya Soup from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Jambalaya Cajun Shrimp Bites from Daily Dish Recipes
- Skillet Jambalaya Dip from Life Tastes Good
- Tex Mex Jambalaya Taco Cups from Flavor Mosaic
- Chicken and Sausage Jamburritos from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Chicken and Shrimp Quinoa Jambalaya from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Crock Pot Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya from Serena Bakes Simply from Scratch
- Crock Pot Creole Jambalaya from Flour On My Face
- Easy Jambalaya Stuffed Peppers from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Hawaiian Jambalaya from Shockingly Delicious
- Jambalaya Lettuce Wraps from Magnolia Days
- Jambalaya Pasta with Crawfish and Sausage from Bobbi’s Kozi Kitchen
- Jambalaya Salad Bowl from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Jambalaya Stuffed Baked Potatoes from Fearless Dining
- Jambalaya with Shrimp and Crispy Wings from Feeding Big
- Portuguese Style Jambalaya from Family Foodie
- Spicy Chicken Jambalaya with Sausages and Green Beans from Panning the Globe
- Turkey Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya from Cooking Chat
- Vegetarian Jambalaya Stuffed Red Peppers Casserole from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Zatarain’s Roasted Chicken with Jambalaya Stuffing from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Plus Versatile Jambalaya Recipes plus Seafood Jambalaya Frittata from Sunday Supper Movement
Have you signed the #SundaySupper pledge to eat together as a family? Do it right here!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are those of the individual bloggers.