Once you see how easy this Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice is to make, and how much you save, you will never go back to buying the little bottles from the store again.
Why We Love Making Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Saves money
- Fast – it takes less than 5 minutes to make
- Stores for a VERY long time in an airtight container
- You can make as little or as much as you need
You should most definitely make this Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice because it winds up saving you so much money.
It takes about 3-5 minutes to make and you can store it in any airtight container you have.
Plus, you can make a little or a really large batch to have it on hand anytime you need it.
What is Pumpkin Spice Made Of?
- all spice
Is pumpkin spice different from pumpkin pie spice?
Pumpkin Spice is not different from Pumpkin Pie Spice. They go by either name and have the same 5 simple spices.
They can be used interchangeably since the makeup should be the same or extremely similar.
We’ve got dozens of recipes coming for all kinds of homemade spice blends. We will be sharing them in the upcoming months.
- Apple Pie Spice
- Taco Seasoning
- Copycat Tony Chacheres
- Copycat Lawry’s
- Burger Seasoning
- French Fry Seasoning
- Homemade Whipped Garlic Butter
- and a lot more….
Great Pumpkin Recipes
Here are some great recipes to use the Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice with.
- Pumpkin Pie Coffee Milkshakes – such a fun and easy recipe to make your own homemade coffee milkshakes.
- Pumpkin Pie Roll Ups – a simple snack that tastes almost like pumpkin pie!
- Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake– one of our absolute favorite fall cakes, serve anytime in the Fall for any event!
- Crunchy Pumpkin Pie Spice Roasted Chickpeas – an option when I am feeling I need to be a little healthier… you can use them for hummus too.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Hot Chocolate – a delicious fall hot chocolate beverage that is absolutely amazing!
Yes, if you don’t have all of the seasonings above, you can get 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, by using ¾ teaspoon of cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon ginger, nutmeg, cloves or allspice.
If you have three of the spices, use ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon of whatever spices included that you have.
Yes! If you don’t have any of the above mentioned ingredients, cinnamon is the primary ingredient in this spice. Just use the cinnamon in place of the spice called for in the recipe. The flavor does change but will still be delicious.
Yes. The main difference is the cardamon that is included in apple pie spice. But it will still taste incredible as a substitute. Be sure and check out our recipe for Homemade Apple Pie Spice as well.
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 teaspoons all spice
- In a small bowl, whisk and combine ingredients.