This Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake couldn’t be more perfect for Fall. A true labor of love, this spiced layer cake is not only delicious but quite fun to decorate too!
This post is sponsored by Dixie Crystals in conjunction with a social media campaign through SSM LLC. All opinions are my own.
You will love this Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake.
It’s hard to believe, but Halloween is just around the corner. This week we’ve partnered with Dixie Crystals to bring you some pretty fabulous Halloween recipes that will be perfect for kids and adults!
We had so much fun making this Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake with Dixie Crystals sugar.
The cake is a traditional pumpkin cake, made even better with plenty of spice and a wonderful moist crumb.
The frosting is a pretty traditional recipe but made better with the addition of Cinnamon. The Cinnamon frosting holds the two layers together and gives this cake an amazing finish that promises a flavor combination that is both elegant and festive at the same time.
Dixie Crystals has many different types of sugar and for this Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake I used both Dixie Crystals granulated sugar for the cake and Dixie Crystals powdered sugar for the frosting.
There is also Dixie Crystals Brown and Raw (Turbinado) sugar.
Also on the website is the Kids in the Kitchen section where you’ll find hundreds of kid-friendly craft ideas, printables, edible art projects, activity sheets and sweet science projects.
Dixie Crystals sent me a big huge box of granulated sugar and powdered sugar, so trust that all sorts of delicious treats will be posted coming very soon!
This Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake is only the beginning!
In the meantime, let’s talk about this awesome cake. I spend most Halloween’s on my couch waiting for Trick or Treaters to show up and enjoy handfuls of candy.
We often invite another couple over for a fun adult dinner party, while my teens head out with friends.
We had so much fun decorating this for Halloween, but don’t be afraid to keep it plain.
It won’t matter how you decorate it, I promise this Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake will be a huge hit any way you serve it.
(P.S. It’s delicious with a big old scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream!)
Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake is absolutely the perfect dessert to serve at any party, and I haven’t found a pumpkin loving adult who doesn’t literally love this cake.
The best part is, it’s good for more than just Halloween and can be decorated accordingly.
Try some of these delicious treats!
Bewitching Breakfast Treats
Fang-tastic Candy Treats
- Creepy Pumpkin Seed Brittle by Sunday Supper Movement
- Easy Halloween Fudge by The Dinner-Mom
- Soft and Chewy Apple Cider Caramels by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Boo-tiful Cakes and Pies
- Cheesecake Mummies by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake by Crazed Mom
- Gluten Free Spooky Chocolate Cupcakes by Fearless Dining
- Graveyard Cupcakes by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Halloween Cupcakes by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Halloween Whoopie Pies by The Chef Next Door
- Mini Jack-O-Lantern Cakes by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Mummy Apple Hand Pies by Eazy Peazy Mealz
- Pumpkin Chocolate Ganache Cake by Taste And See
- Pumpkin Cupcakes by Flour On My Face
- Halloween Spider Cookies by Moore or Less Cooking
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars by Savory Experiments
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Witch Hat Cookies by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Other Bone-chilling Goodies
- Bloody Crème Brûlée by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Haunted Halloween Ghosts by Shockingly Delicious
- Individual Candy Corn Fruit Salad Dessert by Hot Eats Cool Reads
- Monster Munch Popcorn Snack Mix by A Dish of Daily Life
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cobbler by The Gold Lining Girl
- Vampire Collins Cocktail by kimchi MOM
Are you ready to make Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake?
Simply scroll down for a printable copy of Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake recipe.
Nicole Cook is the owner/editor of Daily Dish Recipes, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on food/cooking/cocktails and much more.
She calls the Midwest home – Missouri to be exact. Coffee is her go-to drink, music is her vice and she is endlessly tethered with devices to her online world. She loves all things planner, lives for her great big family and loves her pets endlessly!
Her motto in life: Live Simply, Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots. Always, always laugh lots.