Truly decadent, perfect for Fall, Autumn Spice Mocha Cake with Coffee Ganache will wow your family, friends and guests.
Rich, chocolate overload, with plenty of delicious spiced flavor.
About This Recipe
This Autumn Spice Mocha Cake with Coffee Ganache is my final recipe for our Fall Flavors week and brings the event to a close in a delicious way.
There were 100’s of recipes that were shared this week which are perfect for any of your Fall recipe desires.
Simply search the hashtag #FallFlavors on any of your favorite social media sites, to find them!
You will find recipes including ALL of the flavors of fall, and not just using coffee!
Why We Love This Recipe
- This incredible cake has a rich, deep chocolate flavor that is unbeatable.
- The crumb is super soft, moist and is almost perfect all on it’s own.
- If you don’t want to use any frosting, icing or ganache on top, you definitely don’t have to. Sometimes we don’t.
But I have included the recipe for the Coffee Ganache in case you want the full experience. (you probably will want it!)
- Despite the fact that this Autumn Spice Mocha Cake recipe is made completely from scratch, it’s actually a pretty easy recipe and I’ve written the instructions to be as simple to follow as possible.
Can I just use regular coffee?
I used Door County Coffee to make this incredible Autumn Spice Mocha Cake, because the flavor is insanely delicious and really adds a lot to this cake.
And not just the cake, but I also used it for the ganache.
Yes, Door County Coffee is my favorite and to be honest, Door County Autumn Spice Coffee is specifically my absolute favorite.
They have over 100 types of coffees, but this one and their Wisconsin Harvest Blend is my other favorite. But seriously, there hasn’t been a single coffee I’ve tried, I haven’t loved.
They roast their coffee right there on site. I think this makes a huge difference.
But if you want to use regular strongly brewed coffee, this is just fine.
Follow the recipe as written, but when adding the dry ingredients to the batter, add 1 tablespoon of all spice.
Or if you don’t have all spice, just add 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and you will get a similar incredible flavor.
What flavors does Door County Coffee have for Fall?
- Autumn Spice
- Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Caramel Apple
- Pumpkin Spice
- Pumpkin Spice – Decaf
- White Chocolate Cinnamon Dolce
- Wisconsin Harvest Blend
But there are SO many other flavors, so don’t just stop there. If you want to try their top favorites, they have a Door County Coffee Sampler Pack.
If you want a seasonal sampler, they have a Fall Coffee Gift Pack too.
What I’ve Shared This Week
I started this week out with absolutely delicious Cinnamon Glazed Donut French Toast that literally takes day old stale donuts and makes them into something even better.
Next, I shared this incredible Plum Spice Bubble Milk Tea. A fruity bubble tea that’s SO delicious.
Yesterday, I shared a favorite around here, Pumpkin Pie Pecan Butter that literally makes you want to eat it by the spoonful.
I shared these Maple Coffee Brownies also made with Door County Coffee earlier, and now I am sharing an incredibly decadent Autumn Spice Mocha Cake with Coffee Ganache.
*Please Note: Both of the above recipes using coffee can be made using ANY coffee. See recipes for details.
More Fantastic Recipes Using Coffee
Pumpkin Spice Margarita
Acorn Squash and Fig Salad
Maple Cinnamon Butternut Squash & Spinach Salad
Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Streusel
White Castle Stuffing
Autumn Spice Mocha Cake
Easy Pumpkin Pecan Cupcakes
Maple Coffee Brownies
Recipe for Autumn Spice Mocha Cake with Coffee Ganache
When you print the recipe, all ads will be removed and you will have a clean copy.
Thank you for visiting and also for trying out our recipes!
Autumn Spice Mocha Cake with Coffee Ganache
- 10 tablespoons salted butter room temperature
- 1 ⅔ cups granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups strongly brewed Door County Autumn Spice Coffee chilled
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
For Autumn Spice Coffee Ganache
- ⅓ cup of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons strongly brewed Door County Autumn Spice Coffee
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray or butter and flour a 9-inch square baking dish, generously.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, whisking in between each one, just until incorporated. Stop the mixer.
- Sift the flour, baking cocoa, baking powder and baking soda into the batter. Add the coffee and on low, mix until the batter is smooth and free of lumps using a spatula to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or with only moist crumbs.
- Allow the cake to cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges and gently invert the cake onto a rack. Using a second rack, invert the cake again having it upside right.
- Allow cake to cool completely before adding coffee ganache.
For the Coffee Ganache:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the heavy cream, butter and strongly brewed coffee and bring just to a boil. Do not allow to boil.
- Immediately remove from stove and pour in the chocolate chips. Let sit 30 seconds and then whisk until smooth.
- Pour sauce over the top of Autumn Spice Mocha Cake.