Creamy, slightly sweet, slightly spiced Pumpkin Pie Pecan Butter is decadent as a spread, and adds so much flavor as a mix in.
This will quickly become your favorite.
It’s day 5 of our Flavors of Fall event, and after today, we have one day left. Today is my third recipe. This incredibly decadent Pumpkin Pie Pecan Butter.
So what is the Flavors of Fall event? It’s a celebration of all things associated with the amazing flavors of fall.
You know, like pumpkin, apples, pecans, squash and more.
We are creating wonderful food in celebration of cool weather and sweatshirts. Today I am sharing this delicious Plum Spice Bubble Milk Tea.
Our hope for this event, is that by sharing all of these fun dishes and such, you will find many must make recipes to make all season long.
How do you make Pecan Nut Butter?
The basics of any nut butter are pretty much the nut of choice. In this case pecans and a really high powered blender that can handle the long term blending to make the nut butter.
I love making my own nut butters, but for some reason Pecan Butter is my favorite. Especially this Pumpkin Pie Pecan Butter.
- The sweetness is perfect. Since you control the amount of sugar or the type of sweetener you use, you have a lot of leeway. From granulated to brown sugar, to maple syrup and honey.
Each sweetener will lend its own unique flavor. Start with only a little and blend. Taste and then add if needed.
- Basic ingredients, you already have. Since the main part of a nut butter is literally the nut, and I assume you already have the nut… well, you have what you need.
But even so, you can use almost any brand or type. We chose Millican Pecan Co Pecans for this recipe because they have literally nothing added. Just the best pecans full of great pecan flavor.
- Simple and relatively fast. Pecan Butter is super simple to make. And it’s actually relatively quick. The longest part is roasting the pecans ahead of time, and then blending. The blending takes a bit.
What ingredients do I need for pecan butter?
- Pecans. Simple. Easy. Pecans. Just pecans. And honestly, that’s really it. But….
- Sweetener. If you want to sweeten it up just a bit, you can. I think pecans, especially when roasted first, have a lot of unique flavor. Absolutely incredible. But if you want sweetener, then there you go.
What can I do with pecan butter?
- Grab a spoon. Just kidding. Well, I’m not. I’m happy to eat a spoonful here and there. It’s just that good.
- Pecan Butter and Jelly Sandwiches.
- Smear on waffles, toast, bagels, english muffins… and so on. You get the point.
- Serve on crackers and top with a banana slice.
- Stir into a bowl of oatmeal…. it’s incredible with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Oatmeal. O.M.G.
- Add a tablespoon to a morning smoothie.
- Chocolate. Just like peanut butter… Pecan butter is incredible with anything chocolate.
- Dip your apple slices or celery stalks in pecan butter.
- Put some on top of hot pancakes. Let it melt and it serves almost like a syrup. It’s so good.
What would you do with Pecan Butter?
From Monday through Saturday we have been sharing dozens of recipes a day.
I started this week out with my first recipe, an absolutely delicious Cinnamon Glazed Donut French Toast that literally takes day old stale donuts and makes them into something even better.
Next, I shared this incredible Plum Spice Bubble Milk Tea. A fruity bubble tea that’s delicious.
Today, I am sharing this favorite Pumpkin Pie Pecan Butter. Wonder what I’ll share tomorrow?
*Hint* It has to do with coffee. Come back and see.