I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #FallFlavors recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
It’s day 5 of our Flavors of Fall event, and after today, we have one day left. Today is my third recipe. This incredibly decadent Pumpkin Pie Pecan Butter.
So what is the Flavors of Fall event? It’s a celebration of all things associated with the amazing flavors of fall. You know, like pumpkin, apples, pecans, squash and more.
Ellen from Family Around the Table and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures have gathered 24 bloggers who have over 100 recipes they’re sharing this week in celebration of cool weather and sweatshirts. Today I am sharing this delicious Plum Spice Bubble Milk Tea.
Our hope for this event, is that by sharing all of these fun dishes and such, you will find many must make recipes to make all season long.
How do you make Pecan Nut Butter?
The basics of any nut butter are pretty much the nut of choice, in this case pecans and a really high powered blender that can handle the long term blending to make the nut butter. I love making my own nut butters, but for some reason Pecan Butter is my favorite. Especially this Pumpkin Pie Pecan Butter.
- The sweetness is perfect. Since you control the amount of sugar or the type of sweetener you use, you have a lot of leeway. From granulated to brown sugar, to maple syrup and honey. Each sweetener will lend its own unique flavor. Start with only a little and blend. Taste and then add if needed.
- Basic ingredients, you already have. Since the main part of a nut butter is literally the nut, and I assume you already have the nut… well, you have what you need. But even so, you can use almost any brand or type. We chose Millican Pecan Co Pecans for this recipe because they have literally nothing added. Just the best pecans full of great pecan flavor.
- Simple and relatively fast. Pecan Butter is super simple to make. And it’s actually relatively quick. The longest part is roasting the pecans ahead of time, and then blending. The blending takes a bit.
What ingredients do I need for pecan butter?
- Pecans. Simple. Easy. Pecans. Just pecans. And honestly, that’s really it. But….
- Sweetener. If you want to sweeten it up just a bit, you can. I think pecans, especially when roasted first, have a lot of unique flavor. Absolutely incredible. But if you want sweetener, then there you go.
What can I do with pecan butter?
- Grab a spoon. Just kidding. Well, I’m not. I’m happy to eat a spoonful here and there. It’s just that good.
- Pecan Butter and Jelly Sandwiches.
- Smear on waffles, toast, bagels, english muffins… and so on. You get the point.
- Serve on crackers and top with a banana slice.
- Stir into a bowl of oatmeal…. it’s incredible with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Oatmeal. O.M.G.
- Add a tablespoon to a morning smoothie.
- Chocolate. Just like peanut butter… Pecan butter is incredible with anything chocolate.
- Dip your apple slices or celery stalks in pecan butter.
- Put some on top of hot pancakes. Let it melt and it serves almost like a syrup. It’s so good.
What would you do with Pecan Butter?
From Monday through Saturday we have been sharing dozens of recipes a day.
I started this week out with my first recipe, an absolutely delicious Cinnamon Glazed Donut French Toast that literally takes day old stale donuts and makes them into something even better.
Next, I shared this incredible Plum Spice Bubble Milk Tea. A fruity bubble tea that’s delicious.
Today, I am sharing this favorite Pumpkin Pie Pecan Butter. Wonder what I’ll share tomorrow? *Hint* It has to do with coffee. Come back and see.
Here’s what we made for Friday:
Cold Brew Pumpkin Spice Latte by Palatable Pastime
Pomegranate Ginger Whiskey Sour by The Redhead Baker
Slow Cooker Spiked Apple Cider by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Vanilla Caramel Apple Latte by Blogghetti
Are you ready to make some Pumpkin Pie Pecan Butter?
Prize 1 – Door County Coffee and Tea Company
Founded in 1993 in Door County, WI, Door County Coffee and Tea Company is a small family owned business. Roasting a variety of flavors for 26 years, one winner will receive three full pot bags of all of their fall flavors. 21 bags in all! Their mission through the years has been to produce high quality, best-tasting coffee using only Specialty Class 1 Arabica coffee beans. Combine that with superior roasting technology and you get a wonderfully even and perfect roast every time and that means the perfect pot of coffee. A $40 value.
Prize 2 – Millican Pecan Tower of Treats Gift Tins
Originally founded as the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800’s, Millican Pecan is now in 5th generation ownership. Located in San Saba, TX, the family continues the tradition of pecan farming while also branching the business into the online world. The family also enjoys educating people about pecans. One winner will receive The Tower of Treats Gift Tins. The tower includes 3 decorative gift tins stacked on top of each other. The bottom tin includes our 2 lb. Chocolate Pecan Sampler, the middle tin is our Flavored Pecan Sampler and the top tin is a 8 oz. tin of Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles). An $80 value.
Two (2) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Open to US Residents only. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter the giveaway. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entry. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan and Door County Coffee and Tea for providing prizes.
Nicole Cook is the owner/editor of Daily Dish Recipes, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on food/cooking/cocktails and much more.
She calls the Midwest home – Missouri to be exact. Coffee is her go-to drink, music is her vice and she is endlessly tethered with devices to her online world. She loves all things planner, lives for her great big family and loves her pets endlessly!
Her motto in life: Live Simply, Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots. Always, always laugh lots.