A little spooky fun turns this easy vanilla baked donut into a fun Halloween treat. Creepy Eyeball Donuts are a just the perfect amount of spooky, when you’re looking for something easy, delicious and fun.
It’s October 1st and that means it’s time to start thinking about Halloween.
Halloween is a little different when you have a kid that’s scared of his own shadow. Spooky and creepy things aren’t really his thing.
So I have to be innovative when coming up with ideas for things he might like. Or that he won’t be scared of.
Well, we like donuts a lot and I make them often so I figured I’d do something with his favorite treat, right?
I kept thinking about what I could do, so why not customize some donuts and make them into these fun Creepy Eyeball Donuts.
A little less scary than some of the other treats we could do.
In fairness, he’s only two. Carsyn doesn’t like scary things at all. And he’s not a fan of gross things either. I wasn’t sure how he’d do with these but he did great.
In fact, he didn’t seem to mind the black frosting that got all over his hands, or the eyeball on top which he loved and immediately reached for more.
Today is the first day of #HalloweenTreatsWeek. A week long adventure where a group of bloggers gets together and shares plenty of Halloween Treats recipes to keep you busy the whole month.
These Creepy Eyeball Donuts I am kicking the week off with, are actually delicious. They are a simple, easy baked Vanilla Donut, with a homemade frosting turned black, and topped with a sweet gummy eyeball.
Just spooky enough to appeal to the young crowd, but still creepy enough to fit right in.
SPONSORED ITEMS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
- Dixie Crystals – Granulated Sugar
- Adam’s Extract – Clear Vanilla Extract
- TreatStreet USA – gummy eyeballs
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Melting Ghost Hot Chocolate
- Devilish Halloween Deviled Eggs
- Candy Corn Layer Cake
- Frankenstein’s Monster Pudding Cups
- Monkey Brain Bread
- Halloween Cookie Pizza
- Boo Berry Pie
- Monster Donuts
- Boogeyman Brew
- Hocus Pocus Halloween Decorated Pretzels
- Black and Orange Cookies
- Skeleton Popsicles
- Blood-Red Pomegranate Margarita
- Halloween Snoballs
- Halloween Dunkaroo Dip
- Eye Scream Sundae
Creepy Eyeball Donuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons Clear Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups frosting tinted black (homemade or storebought)
- gummy eyeballs
- Halloween sprinkles if desired
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg, milk and butter together until well blended. Add the vanilla extract.
- Gently spoon the batter into the donut pan filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake donuts at 325 degrees F., for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely and then decorate.