A little spooky fun turns this easy vanilla baked donut into a fun Halloween treat. Creepy Eyeball Donuts are a just the perfect amount of spooky, when you’re looking for something easy, delicious and fun.
This recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
It’s October 1st and that means it’s time to start thinking about Halloween.
Halloween is a little different when you have a kid that’s scared of his own shadow. Spooky and creepy things aren’t really his thing.
So I have to be innovative when coming up with ideas for things he might like. Or that he won’t be scared of.
Well, we like donuts a lot and I make them often so I figured I’d do something with his favorite treat, right?
I kept thinking about what I could do, so why not customize some donuts and make them into these fun Creepy Eyeball Donuts.
A little less scary than some of the other treats we could do.
In fairness, he’s only two. Carsyn doesn’t like scary things at all. And he’s not a fan of gross things either. I wasn’t sure how he’d do with these but he did great.
In fact, he didn’t seem to mind the black frosting that got all over his hands, or the eyeball on top which he loved and immediately reached for more.
Today is the first day of #HalloweenTreatsWeek. A week long adventure where a group of bloggers gets together and shares plenty of Halloween Treats recipes to keep you busy the whole month.
These Creepy Eyeball Donuts I am kicking the week off with, are actually delicious. They are a simple, easy baked Vanilla Donut, with a homemade frosting turned black, and topped with a sweet gummy eyeball.
Just spooky enough to appeal to the young crowd, but still creepy enough to fit right in.
SPONSORED ITEMS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
- Dixie Crystals – Granulated Sugar
- Adam’s Extract – Clear Vanilla Extract
- TreatStreet USA – gummy eyeballs
Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Melting Ghost Hot Chocolate from Big Bear’s Wife
- Day of the Dead Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes from Pook’s Pantry
- Devilish Halloween Deviled Eggs from Pastry Chef Online
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from ReciPEAs
- Cauldron Cupcakes from Mrs. Happy Homemaker
- Black Magic Skull Cakes from Sugar Dish Me
- Frankenstein’s Monster Pudding Cups from I am a Honey Bee
- Halloween Sprinkle Cookie Cake from Love and Confections
- Chocolate Dipped Brownie Pops for Halloween from Southern From Scratch
- Creepy Crawly Dirt Cup Pudding Parfaits from 4 Sons R Us
- “Guts” Cinnamon Rolls from A Blender Mom
- Creepy Eyeball Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
- Mummy Bites from Eat Move Make
- Monkey Brain Bread from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Cookie Pizza from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Boo Berry Pie from Kudos Kitchen
- Monster Donuts from The Baking Fairy
- Boogeyman Brew from Who Needs A Cape?
- Purple People Eater Thumbprints from The Spiffy Cookie
- Hocus Pocus Halloween Decorated Pretzels from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Black and Orange Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Skeleton Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Monster Mash Cake from Mildly Meandering
- Graveyard Skillet Brownies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Blood-Red Pomegranate Margarita from The Redhead Baker
- Halloween Snoballs from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Cherry Hand Pies from House of Nash Eats
- Halloween Dunkaroo Dip from Savory Experiments
- Bloody Eyeball Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Eye Scream Sundae from For the Love of Food