No Churn Apple Pie Ice Cream takes a creamy vanilla ice cream base blended with pie spices, apples and pie crust pieces blended throughout. A wonderfully refreshing and delicious way to enjoy your apple pie on a sunny, cool Fall day.
Mix up all the ingredients and freeze. No ice cream maker required!
It’s Apple Week, and that means that some of the best apple recipes are being shared this week.
Apple flavors can be enjoyed all year round, but they most especially call to use in the cool, crisp fall months.
Look at this smile. That’s the smile of an ice cream lover.
And a kid who has been cooped up because it’s been too darn hot and we’ve finally hit cooler temperatures. And he gets to play outside and have ice cream. WIN!
To celebrate this amazing weather, we made Ice Cream! No Churn Apple Pie Ice Cream.
This delicious no churn ice cream is super easy to throw together, and the hardest part is waiting for it all to freeze. No ice cream maker is required at all.
When it does freeze, what you wind up with is a delicious, creamy No Churn Apple Pie Ice Cream that tastes almost like the real thing.
Carsyn had so much fun eating his ice cream, playing in the yard and hanging out with his Uncle Ryan. Much laughter ensued.
And a few sticky messes, but that’s okay. It was cooler so it didn’t melt as fast.
Substitutions & Additions
There’s not a lot of substitutions for this incredibly easy recipe. Unless you are trying to make your own ice cream flavor. But there is plenty you can add.
Nuts – feel free to add crushed or chopped nuts into this recipe for some added crunch.
Caramel – you can swirl caramel through the mixture before it freezes for a delicious Caramel Apple Pie ice cream.
If you’re trying to figure out what apple to use or if the apples you have will work for this, here is a little summary.
Honeycrisp – both sweet and tart.
Gala – sweet apple.
Fuji – sweet apple.
Golden Delicious – middle of the road, a little sweet, a little tart. Mild on both ends.
Granny smith – tart apple and great for baking purposes.
These are my boys. Two boys that have held my heart. My son and my grandson.
I couldn’t be prouder or have more joy when spending time with them.
Mommy is away on a trip, so Nana and Uncle it is. And we are spoiling this little man. And yep, that meant lotsa ice cream. Lots of No Churn Apple Pie Ice Cream. Because why not?
More of the BEST Apple Recipes!
- Caramel Apple Salad
- Salted Caramel Apple Cinnamon Turnovers
- Baked Caramel Apple Cider Donuts
- Apple Cider Caramel Dip
Are you ready to make your own No Churn Apple Pie Ice Cream?
No Churn Apple Pie Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 9" baked pie crust cooled and broken into pieces
- 1 cup apple pie filling homemade or storebought, refrigerated
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, apple pie spice and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk the heavy cream with a mixer on medium-high speed until firm peaks form. This took about 2 minutes.
- Fold about half the whipped cream into the first bowl with a spatula until combined.
- Add the rest and mix until well blended.
- Pour into a chilled 9x5x3 metal loaf pan. Cover with tinfoil or a loaf pan lid and freeze until thick and creamy, about 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and drop large spoonfuls of the apple pie filling around the top. Take a knife and swirl through making sure to push some down deep into the mixture. Repeat with the pie shell. Just drop random sized pieces throughout the ice cream and swirl into the mixture.
- Return covered to freezer until solid. At least 3 hours.