Gooey caramel, cinnamon candy soaked chunks of apple all wrapped up in a flaky dough dumpling. These Salted Caramel Apple Cinnamon Turnovers are incredibly easy and oh so very delicious!
It’s Apple Week and we are busy churning out loads of fantastic recipes featuring… yep Apples!
Red, Green, Yellow, crisp or soft, tart or sweet apples, a flavor that is so perfectly fall oriented!
Today, September 26, is Johnny Appleseed’s birthday.
I’m celebrating with these incredible Salted Caramel Apple Cinnamon Turnovers.
Apple Turnovers are good pretty much anytime of year or whenever you are craving some serious apple cinnamon goodness.
These flaky, sweet and gooey turnovers are one of our favorite fall treats. We enjoy them on cool Autumn evenings around the firepit.
I also usually whip up a platter on Christmas Eve as a midnight snack for the adults and kids who are putting Christmas together.
I remember eating these as a kid, when there were way more complicated steps than I have here.
Simple is the name of the game with these Salted Caramel Apple Cinnamon Turnovers.
And that’s just the way I like it.
The textured pans make it easy to remove items, and they come in the two sizes which means you always have the right size pan.
Are you ready to whip up a batch of Salted Caramel Apple Cinnamon Turnovers?
Be sure and check out all the fantastic recipes today:
- Apple & Red Cabbage Slow-Cooker Sauerkraut by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Cheddar Chicken Tacos with Apple Salsa by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Cider Mules by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Fritters by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins by Books n’ Cooks
- Apple Pandowdy by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad by Cookaholic Wife
- Baked Cinnamon Apples by The Anthony Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Chicken with Apple, Onion, and Cider Sauce by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cinnamon Apple Fritters by The Freshman Cook
- Chipotle Turkey, Apple, & Sweet Potato Chili by Savory Moments
- Herby Ginger Apple Compote by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Individual Skillet Apple Pies by Family Around the Table
- New England Apple Cake by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- =Stuffed Apples with Homemade Sausage and Rice by Our Good Life
Salted Caramel Apple Cinnamon Turnovers
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup red-hot cinnamon candies
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 medium green apples peeled and chopped
- 8 ounce refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 tablespoons salted caramel ice cream topping any brand
- 1 teaspoons butter melted
- 2 ½ tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a pot on the stove, boil the water and as soon as it is boiling, add the sugar and the red hot candies. Stir together until the candy and sugar are dissolved into the water. Add the apples and reduce heat to low. Simmer apples for 10 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Drain the apples.I place a bowl to collect the syrup to use for inside the turnovers, but also to use any other way you’d use a syrup.
- Unroll the crescent rolls onto a pan into 8 triangles, and spoon the apple mixture into the crescent rolls.
- Spoon a tablespoon of salted Caramel Topping onto each crescent roll.
- Roll each crescent triangle tucking in the sides to form a dumpling.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool slightly. Transfer to serving platter and top with icing and sprinkles.
- Serve warm!
Let’s Get More of the BEST Apple Recipes!