Gooey Caramel Twix Candy Bars combined into rich, moist and chocolaty brownie batter. Twix Brownie Bites are baked up in a mini muffin pan making them the perfect size for any party!
I love making something with a twist for a party. These Twix Brownie Bites were a huge hit at a recent baby shower. If you’re wondering why there is a lollipop sticking out of them, it is because we incorporated a lot of the decorations into the food. Because… well… why not?
I basically took one of our favorite easy brownie recipes and simply added chopped up twix bars. I baked them in a mini cupcake wrappers to make them easy for the guests to carry around and also to keep the crumbs to a minimum. I’m glad I did because I like how they turned out and they were pretty popular, so it made sense.
You do not NEED to bake them in mini cupcake wrappers though, and in fact, you don’t have to bake them mini at all. This entire recipe can be adjusted to be baked in a brownie pan. That’s up to you.
Do you ever add something secret to your brownie batter that everyone raves about and you smile secretly because it’s so simple and nobody knows where that extra flavor is coming from? This recipe is that recipe that everyone always tries to figure out what’s in them.
Ready to make some Twix Brownie Bites?
TWIX® Brownie Bites
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cups dark cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 7 oz. pkg TWIX® bites finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease mini muffin pans or use paper inserts.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Remove and add the sugar, stirring to combine it all together. Return the sugar/butter mixture to the heat for about a minute or until it’s hot, but not yet bubbling. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, add the 2 eggs and beat for about a minute. Add the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and vanilla extract and beat into the eggs until smooth.
- Stir the hot sugar/butter into the egg mixture until it is all smooth.
- Add the flour and mix well. Add the finely chopped TWIX® bites, and stir just until combined.
- Pour the batter into individual mini muffin holes and bake at 350°F for approx. 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with no loose batter. Allow to cool.