Boozy Strawberry Margarita Twinkies
Soft, sponge cake filled with strawberry margarita filling is the snack cake for adults 21+. These Boozy Strawberry Margarita Twinkies are a huge hit at parties, on game day or served at brunch.
Did you know February 22, 2020 is National Margarita Day.
It’s also my grandson’s 4th birthday.
Carsyn loves Twinkies, and so I got the Twinkie Pan to make some at home. We have been making batch after batch and trying new things each time.
But after he went back home, I started to think how fun it would be to make an adult version of this fun snack cake.
So in celebration of National Margarita Day, I present these incredibly delicious, light, spongy but oh so Boozy Strawberry Margarita Twinkies.
Because why can’t adults have fun too?
These are a huge hit at parties and events, just make sure people know what they are.
We made them for the Super Bowl to test the recipe to see how it all came together and I couldn’t even photograph them, they were gone so fast.
This Strawberry Margarita Cream filling is great in other treats as well.
Makes a great cupcake filling, donut filling or even topping for pancakes, waffles, french toast and more!
And the twinkies can be filled with almost anything your heart desires.
But trust me your desires this delicious Strawberry Margarita Cream filling!
When we served them at our party, we dusted them with Powdered Sugar and served them on a big platter with sliced strawberries.
Not only did they taste incredible, they looked so pretty.
If you’re looking for a treat to got with your margarita’s, this is it.
They were so delicious!
As a note, these Boozy Strawberry Margarita Twinkies are indeed boozy. So they are meant for only your 21+ crowd only.
If you want to take the Strawberry Margarita Cream filling a step further, I have a way, and yes we’ve tried it.
Soak the strawberries in tequila overnight, drain most of the moisture through a sieve and then make up the whipped cream by itself and gently fold the strawberries in.
But honestly, do it like the recipe is written and you’ll be truly satisfied with the results.
So how are you planning on celebrating National Margarita Day?
We won’t be doing the twinkies on the actual day, since it’s Carsyn’s birthday.
But don’t worry, we’re making them again – I already have everything and already have plans (probably before the birthday event!)
Check out the other great margarita recipes:
- Be My Valentine Margarita by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Boozy Strawberry Margarita Twinkies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Cherry Limeade Margaritas by The Redhead Baker
- Cucumber Margarita by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Fireball Margarita by Our Crafty Mom
- Frozen Strawberry Margaritas by Family Around the Table
- Margarita Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pink Champagne Margarita by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Prickly Pear Margarita by Our Good Life
- Red Hot Rita by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Shy Violet Margarita by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Hibiscus Margaritas by The Baking Fairy
Pin Strawberry Margarita Twinkies for Later
Looking for more great margarita treats to serve?
Key Lime Margarita Cupcakes
Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes
Recipe for Boozy Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes
Boozy Strawberry Margarita Twinkies
For the Twinkies:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
For the Strawberry Margarita Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoons tequila
- 1/2 tablespoon triple sec liqueur
!For the Twinkies:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray your Delectovals pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs in one at a time until incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour half of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and blend. Add the cup of milk as you are blending. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Fill the cavities of your Delectovals pans about 3/4 full of batter.
- Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for about 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely before filling.
- Make the Strawberry Margarita Cream and fill a pastry injector tool with the cream.
- Poke 3 holes in bottom of each twinkie and fill in with the cream.
!For the Strawberry Margarita Cream:
- Place the bowl you will use in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes to chill.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the strawberries with the alcohol.
- In the chilled bowl, whisk the strawberries, heavy cream and powdered sugar. If you're using a stand mixer, whisk on medium speed until the cream is your desired consistency. Place in refrigerator to chill until ready to use.
Adult Twinkies. What a great idea. I want to be at your next superbowl party.
These are really cute. I regret giving away my Twinkie pan!