These Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes with Strawberry Margarita Buttercream Frosting are the perfect dessert for a girl’s night, brunch, a backyard BBQ or any event just for adults!
What goes well with party time or girlfriend time? Margaritas of course! But what could make them even better? How about Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes?
These little bites of goodness are pure strawberry flavor.
They were a huge hit and everyone wanted the recipe.
Honestly, they were super easy since I used a box cake mix.
I was afraid since I ommited the milk, that they might not be moist enough, or might be too crumbly.
However, three batches later, all made the exact way, and I can say that these are perfect and easy.
Now, I am not saying I invented these. Only that I used a ready-to-serve Margarita to flavor them further and make them the best Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes they could be.
I chose to use a strawberry cake mix, to get a deeper strawberry flavor.
You could also use a white cake mix, but the strawberry flavor wont be as intense.
That is your choice.
I really wanted these to scream strawberry. And scream strawberry, they did indeed. Mmm… Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes!
The ready-to-serve Margarita I chose was Sandra Lee Cocktail Time Strawberry Margarita.
There was a reason for this. Sandra Lee Cocktail Time™ Strawberry Margaritas are infused with real strawberries, pure cane sugar, premium blue agave silver tequila and triple sec liqueur.
Most ready to serve cocktails do not have such quality, premium ingredients.
That said, you could probably use any kind, but I cannot tell you what the end result will taste like.
Are we ready for the Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes recipe?
Are you ready for these Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes with Strawberry Margarita Buttercream Frosting? (scroll down for recipe)
Also, if you’re looking for some more awesome cupcake recipes, these are some of our readers favorites:
Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes with Strawberry Margarita Buttercream Frosting
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix you may also use white, but they will not be pink unless you use food coloring
- 1 cup of Sandra Lee Cocktail Time Strawberry Margarita
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
For the Frosting:
- 1 13.2 oz packet Pillsbury Purely Simple Buttercream Frosting Mix
- 1 stick 1/2 cup softened butter
- ¼ cup Sandra Lee Cocktail Time Strawberry Margarita
- Wilton icing Color – Rose
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, strawberry margarita, vegetable oil and eggs on low speed for about 30 seconds.
- Increase speed to medium and beat for two minutes.
- Using an ice scream scoop (for consistant measurement), drop scoopfuls of batter into each cupcake liner.
- Bake immediately at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
For the Frosting:
- In a large bowl, combine the forsting mix and butter. Add the Sandra Lee Cocktail Time Strawberry Margarita. Mix on low speed, scraping bowl often.
- Using a toothpick, dip just the tip into the Wilton Icing color and then dip the toothpick into the icing and remove.
- Blend again. I only needed the tiniest amoutn of coloring to get the color I wanted, but you can add more if you would like a more vibrant color.
- Choose tip, fill piping bag with icing. Pipe on icing.
- Slice strawberries for garnish.
- Decorate or garnish further as desired.