Easy, Creamy, Delicious – Melt in your mouth, homemade pistachio ice cream! One bite and you’ll be totally hooked!
Easy, Creamy, Delicious – Melt in your mouth, homemade pistachio ice cream!
When it’s hot outside, a favorite treat at our house is ice cream. Everyone loves it and it’s a great way to cool down.
It’s so loved at our house, that we have a #SundaeFundae at least once a week. We gather together all of our fun ingredients and toppings.
I typically churn out some ice cream so we have something fun and we have a Sundae Bar with all of our favorite Smucker’s® Ice Cream Toppings.
We headed over to Walmart to choose our Smucker’s® Ice Cream Toppings and get our ingredients for our ice cream.
Have you seen the variety of Smucker’s® Ice Cream Toppings available at Walmart?
Our Walmart actually had two full shelving units full of tasty toppings from Smucker’s® so we grabbed a bunch!
We love making ice cream. I use my ice cream maker all year long, though it is definitely more active in the hotter months.
We love making easy recipes too, and this one is a VERY easy ice cream recipe and tastes simply delicious.
I love that you can change it and make it your own and then add delicious Smucker’s® Ice Cream Toppings at the end and make it a #sundaefundae!
More Ice Cream Recipes:
- Roasted Blueberry Ice Cream
- Mango Swirl Ice Cream
- Apple Pie Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- Watermelon Swirl Ice Cream
- Jello Ice Cream
- Ellen’s Nutty Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
I shared a fun recipe and my favorite Smuckers toppings. What is your favorite Smuckers topping for a #SundaeFundae Ice Cream Party?
Recipe for Homemade Pistachio Ice Cream
Pistachio Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 3.4 ounce package instant pistachio pudding mix
- ½ cup chopped pistachios
- In a saucepan on the stove, mix together the heavy cream, whole milk and sugar. Heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes or until cool.
- Remove from refrigerator and add the instant pistachio pudding mix, again combine well.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When the ice cream is nearly finished freezing, pour the pistachios into the ice cream machine, and allow to mix thoroughly.
- Store in an air tight container and freeze for an additional 2-3 hours.