Key Lime Pie Donuts
Key Lime Pie Donuts begin with a moist lightly lime flavored donut, and are topped with a vibrant green Key Lime frosting. Then sprinkled with toasted coconut and graham cracker crumbs for a truly wonderful treat.
We wanted something fun and festive to celebrate summer and these Key Lime Pie Donuts definitely hit the spot!
It’s 2019 Summer Dessert Week! Huge thanks to Angie over at Big Bear’s Wife for creating this event, securing our sponsors and putting a lot of hard work into the entire event.
This week you will find an awesome summer dessert or treat for any occasion!
You are sure to find something your whole family will love but if what’s been posted already is an indication, you’ll find lots of desserts you’re sure to want to try.
You can follow the hashtag #SummerDessertWeek on any social media platform or simply look at one recipe and there will be a list of the others shared that day. We also have a Summer Desserts pinterest board you can check out.
More Summer Desserts!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Ice Cream Waffle Sandwiches
- Mermaid Cakesicles
- Lemon Bar Cheesecake
- Blueberry Banana Pretzel Bars
- Cheesecake with Key Lime Stars and Orange Cream Mermaids
READY TO MAKE THESE Key Lime Pie Donuts?
Moist, baked donuts, tart and sweet frosting, toasted coconut and crushed graham make these donuts taste just like the pie!
Key Lime Pie Donuts
For the Donuts:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Dixie Crystal sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 6 ounces sour cream
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- [1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract we used Adams Extract Vanilla]
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 Wilton key lime decorating icing
- ¼ cup toasted coconut
- 2-3 tablespoons of crushed graham crackers
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Prepare your donut pan by greasing and then lightly flouring.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In your stand mixer, beat the eggs. Add the sour cream, oil, vanilla and milk and beat again. Add the key lime juice and lime zest and beat again.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time. Once added, mix on medium speed about a minute.
- Add the batter to a piping bag and pipe the batter into each cavity of the donut pan about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes and then turn out onto a wire cooling wrack and cool completely.
- Use the Key Lime Icing to top the donuts. Sprinkle the tops with toasted coconut and graham cracker crumbs, if desired.
i relay need number 5 and number 3
How do you sign up to receive recipes from you into my inbox? I did not see any place to register my email.
Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope you can help are give me an answer.