No Churn Watermelon Swirl Ice Cream takes Vanilla Bean ice cream and swirls fresh watermelon puree throughout. A wonderfully refreshing and delicious way to enjoy ice cream on a hot day. Mix up all the ingredients and freeze. No ice cream maker required!
Did you know that July is National Ice Cream Month? So we can celebrate ice cream all month long! How great is that? It gets even better… Sunday, July 15, 2018 is actually National Ice Cream Day. Any month that allows me to eat ice cream a lot is a perfect month for me.
I’m in St. Louis and it’s HOT y’all. And I don’t do heat. Actually I don’t do humidity. I lived in Arizona and the heat was fine cause it was dry and I could handle it.
But this stuff… this heat and humidity combination is painful. So we’ve been making popsicles and ice cream and all kinds of summer treats to help to stay cool. This No Churn Watermelon Swirl Ice Cream is the perfect hot day treat. Refreshing, cold and delicious.
I made this ice cream with a really simple no churn recipe because dude… I don’t have time for the ice cream maker when it’s that hot. I need a batch freezing at all times. I took the basic no churn ice cream recipe and turned it into this wonderful No Churn Watermelon Swirl Ice Cream with a simple watermelon puree.
Y’all. Y’all, pay attention. This stuff is goooooooood. Like I was sticking a spoon in and eating it out of the container good. The flavor was exactly what I envisioned and so creamy.
The hardest part was taking the photos because it’s so hot, the ice cream wants to melt soooooo fast. I’m telling you, I think it’s hot enough to fry an egg on my driveway. Or bake cookies in my car.
So out we went to try to get some good photos. I didn’t have any adults around to hold my ice cream cone for my photo shoot. So I asked Carsyn. If you aren’t aware, Carsyn is two.
I thought his sweet little hands clutching this precious treat would be oh so adorable. And they were. For about 15 seconds.
Because if you know anything about kids and ice cream… that’s all it took before that tiny little tongue reached out and licked. And the smile that fell across his face was adorable. And again he licked.
Carsyn LOVES ice cream. He also LOVES Watermelon. I made his toddler dreams come true by pairing the two together.
And on and on he licked. His eyes twinkling, his expression so serious as he furiously attempted to lick the ice cream before it melted all over the place. He didn’t want to waste a drop.
I can’t blame him. Once I tasted the creamy concoction, I was sold. Talk about a creamy Watermelon treat.
It had so much fresh Watermelon flavor with a touch of the Vanilla Bean flavor giving it an awesome mix. The texture was cold, and creamy and wonderfully delightful.
I could see what the fuss was all about. Carsyn knows good ice cream.
Check out all the great ice cream treats being shared today!
- Blueberry Ginger Ice Cream Floats by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Bread Ice Cream Sundaes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich Squares by Family Around the Table
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream by Simple and Savory
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake by Cooking with Carlee
- Grilled Pineapple Ice Cream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Homemade Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches by Tip Garden
- No Churn Chocolate Toffee Ice Cream by Amy’s Cooking Adventure
- No Churn Coffee Caramel Crunch Ice Cream by Hezzi-D’sBooks and Cooks
- No Churn Watermelon Swirl Ice Cream by Daily Dish Recipes
- Purple Haze Jam Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Watermelon-Fennel Ice Cream by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Triple Chocolate Ricotta Ice Cream by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Vietnamese Coffee Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Books n’ Cooks