Candy Cane Peppermint Puppy Chow is a delicious treat, perfect to set out on Christmas Day or to make to give as gifts to family, friends and neighbors. You’ll eat lots yourself too!
Let’s get right down to business. For the First Day of Sweet Eats & Holiday Treats I made Candy Cane Peppermint Puppy Chow.
This stuff is goooooooood. Like SO gooooooood! I literally make it too often, and
It’s addicting. Like crack. I think. I don’t actually know because I’ve never done crack.
But still …. you’ll be amazed.
It’s like those chips, you know the ones, The ones where you can’t eat just one.
You just keep reaching for more. Yep, that’s this Candy Cane Peppermint Puppy Chow.
And yes I did crush real candy canes in there. You’re welcome.
It truly made this even better. And it’s super easy.
So I mean, you can make it a lot and share it with friends and family.
If you love flavored puppy chow recipes, you’ll love this. It’s so easy and tastes so great!
We make flavored puppy chow a lot, and I have to share even half of them. Time to get on that now.
The peppermint flavor is creamy and wonderful, it’s like handful’s of candy canes in a sweet treat you can eat just about anywhere.
We’ve made this every year since my kids were little. It’s their favorite.
Now they are 24 and 21. And we still keep making this Peppermint Puppy Chow.
I think we will always make it.
Now that I have a three year old grandson, I’m more apt to make it every week during the winter months. He loves puppy chow.
If you love puppy chow recipes, this Candy Cane Peppermint Puppy Chow is sure to be a hit!
More Snack Mix Recipes
Let’s make some Candy Cane Peppermint Puppy Chow!
You won’t be sorry! It’s the perfect treat for you to enjoy today. And it’s easy and only requires a few ingredients. So get on it!
Candy Cane Peppermint Puppy Chow
- 5 cups Chex cereal rice or corn are my faves
- 10 ounces of Andes Peppermint Baking Chips or ANY peppermint flavored baking chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 large candy canes crushed
- Melt the Andes Peppermint Baking Chips in the microwave in a large glass bowl in 20-30 second intervals on half power, stirring between each interval until full melted.
- Pour the Chex Cereal into the bowl and stir and fold the cereal and melted baking chips until fully coated.
- In a large zip top baggie, pour in the powdered sugar and the crushed candy canes.
- Pour in the coated chex cereal.
- Seal the baggie and shake vigorously until all the cereal is coated with the sugar and candy canes.
- We store ours in the bag, but if you plan to store differently, it keeps up to 2 weeks in a sealed container at room temperature.