This delicious puppy chow snack mix gets a full makeover with some great gingerbread flavor. You will adore Gingerbread Puppy Chow Snack Mix.
We love puppy chow snack mix at our house.
Peanut butter and chocolate are such a fun combination, but we decided to change it up for the holiday season and make some gingerbread puppy chow snack mix.
There’s no peanut butter or chocolate in site.
Instead, there is the spicy, delicious taste of gingerbread coated all over these babies, sweetened beautifully by the powdered sugar.
We decided to make some the night we decorated the tree.
We had the fireplace going, Christmas lights twinkling everywhere, our favorite Christmas music playing and some hot chocolate heating to enjoy with our snack.
The perfect evening treat, my kids told me.
It’s the taste of Christmas. I promise. And it’s so incredible.
In fact, it’s perfect for parties and get together’s at holiday time or just to enjoy in front of a good Christmas movie on TV.
It’s an easy on-the-go snack and really does taste like Christmas.
When you want something a little different during the holiday season, this snack mix is the perfect solution.
We occasionally whip up a batch in the Fall and it makes me just want Christmas to get here.
If you love gingerbread, you will definitely love this Gingerbread Puppy Chow Snack Mix.
The Recipe Index in the menu above has loads of other great treats to enjoy with your family during the holiday season or any other time.
Recipe for Gingerbread Puppy Chow Snack Mix
Gingerbread Puppy Chow Snack Mix
- 12 cups of corn or rice chex style cereal
- 1 cup of brown sugar packed
- ⅓ cup butter room temperature and cubed
- ½ cup of light corn syrup
- ¼ cup of molasses
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- Coat a large bowl with some cooking spray and fill with the cereal. Set aside for a moment.
- Spray cooking spray into a small saucepan (pot) and add the brown sugar, butter, light corn syrup, molasses, ground ginger, ground cinnamon and the salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture is boiling, stop stirring and allow to boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda. The mixture will turn all foamy.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Quickly (and I mean quickly) pour the mixture over the bowl of cereal and mix well with a spatula to coat the cereal all over – don’t try to touch it – it’s HOT.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar over the bowl and mix again trying to coat all sides of the cereal. Use more if you need it. You won’t need less.
- Spread the cereal out in a thin layer on a pan (maybe two) to allow it to cool and dry completely.