Delicious vanilla cupcakes topped with real candy corn frosting and then drizzled with a candy corn simple syrup. These candy corn cupcakes are literally the bomb!
This post/recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Wow, we’re nearing the end of #HalloweenTreatsWeek which is kinda crazy. After today, only one day left.
And that also means there isn’t a lot of time left to enter the giveaway. Go check it out and look at all the prizes! Then ENTER!
Today is Day 5 and I brought Candy Corn Cupcakes with real Candy Corn Frosting. These cupcakes are incredible.
If you are a candy corn fanatic, you will love them.
Each of these cupcakes starts out with a simple, moist vanilla cupcake.
We dyed 1/3 of the batter yellow and 1/3 of the batter orange and rather than layering them like a candy corn, we simply swirled the colors into the white cake batter.
But where the whole thing needed to come together is in that candy corn frosting.
I wanted to see if I could get a strong candy corn flavor in the frosting. So I started out with some heavy cream and infused it with almost an entire bag of candy corn.
When I whipped it a day later or so, I was so pleased with the flavor.
I did add more heavy cream to make it a bit thicker, but know that this is a whipped cream frosting so must stay refrigerated to hold it’s shape.
So you’re probably wondering what that orange syrup is on top. That is the cream de la creme of the cupcake. A delicious candy corn simple syrup.
The best part of the candy corn simple syrup is that fact that it can be drizzled over all kinds of things, but these cupcakes were on the top of the list.
Literally these Candy Corn Cupcakes with real Candy Corn Frosting are absolutely our favorite fall cupcakes.
And the cute little ghosts holding the candy corn on top?
Those are from Wilton, and while not necessary for the cupcake, they just wouldn’t be the same without them.
Are you ready to make Candy Corn Cupcakes with real Candy Corn Frosting?
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Ghostly Sweet and Salty Snack Mix from Big Bear’s Wife
- Donut Monsters from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Brownie Bottom Candy Explosion Cheesecake from I am a Honey Bee
- Sugar Cookie Coffins from Love and Confections
- Little Monsters Halloween Mocktails from 4 Sons R Us
- Reeses Halloween Cookie Bars from A Blender Mom
- Candy Corn Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Paranormal Parfaits from Eat Move Make
- Easy Day of the Dead Cake from Pint Sized Baker
- Buttercream Bat Wing Cupcakes from Kudos Kitchen
- Vanishing Candy Corn Cocktails from The Baking Fairy
- Wicked Zombie Trifle from Who Needs A Cape?
- Monster Party Halloween Cupcakes from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Candy Corn Vodka Truffles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Ghost Cupcakes from Mildly Meandering
- Monster Mash Piñata Cupcakes from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Frankenstein Crispy Cereal Treats from The Redhead Baker
- Graveyard Pudding from The Beard and The Baker
- Day of the Dead Black Buttercream Cake from House of Nash Eats
- Halloween Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Savory Experiments
- Easy Caramel Apples from Katie’s Cucina
- Bag of Bones Scary Snacks from For the Love of Food
Nicole Cook is the owner/editor of Daily Dish Recipes, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on food/cooking/cocktails and much more.
She calls the Midwest home – Missouri to be exact. Coffee is her go-to drink, music is her vice and she is endlessly tethered with devices to her online world. She loves all things planner, lives for her great big family and loves her pets endlessly!
Her motto in life: Live Simply, Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots. Always, always laugh lots.