Light, fluffy Chocolate Cinnamon Meringues are a fun treat, dessert or a great gift idea for someone else!
These Chocolate Cinnamon Meringues are not only very simple to make, they are delicious and full of lots of chocolate and cinnamon flavor!
It’s time once again for this month’s SRC (Secret Recipe Club) reveal and this month I found it harder than ever to choose a recipe.
In case you were unclear of how the Secret Recipe Club works, here’s a quick explanation.
You are assigned a blog and you keep it a secret, you have a couple of weeks to choose a recipe off it, make it and then we have a reveal day where we reveal which blog we had, and what we chose to make.
This month, I was assigned Claire K Creations and wow, just wow.
The sheer number of recipes that were screaming my name, quite possibly were a major percentage of her recipes.
I narrowed it down to these Chocolate Cinnamon Meringues, but it was NOT an easy decision. At all.
In other words, if you love my blog recipes, I can’t imagine you wouldn’t love hers, because her recipes are all the things I would make.
There were just so many choices.
Do you see where the dilemma was? Amazing choices!
We picked the Chocolate Cinnamon Meringues because my daughter and I have been talking about making Meringues forever and when we saw the combination of chocolate and cinnamon, we were sold.
Thanks for a great recipe Claire, we know we will be making these again and again!
Ready to make or print Chocolate Cinnamon Meringues?
Chocolate Cinnamon Meringues Recipe
Chocolate Cinnamon Meringues
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 200F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In your electric mixer, place the egg whites and beat until soft peaks form. On my electric mixer, I put it on speed 4 for 6-7 minutes and got the soft peaks.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cream of tartar then with the mixer still running, add one tablespoon of the sugar mixture at a time to the egg whites mixing well between each addition.
- Turn the speed up to medium and beat for another 2-3 minutes until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- You can test if it’s ready for baking by rubbing a little of the meringue batter between your fingers. If it’s smooth, it’s ready, if not, keep beating until it is smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix the cocoa and cinnamon together and then sift over the meringue.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, fold the cinnamon and chocolate through the meringue. You will have swirls and that’s good.
- Spoon heaping tablespoons of mixture onto the lined baking sheet.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake in the middle of oven for 2 hours. Turn off oven and leave the meringues in it for at least 2 more hours or until meringues are completely dry.
- Store in an airtight container.