Peach Melba Smoothies take the sweet taste of peaches and the tart sweetness of raspberry sauce blending with a vanilla cream and create a magical smoothie that is sure to beat the heat!
Why should you make Peach Melba Smoothies?
Well, I got this recipe from Edesia’s notebook back when The Secret Recipe Club was a thing. Now a thing of the past, this is a recipe that lives on in our home.
We have made this dozens of time and it’s a wonderful way to cool down in the summertime, or to treat yourself anytime you need a special dessert.
I also cracked up last week when I got a pingback and some traffic back from her site. At first, I freaked out – how did she know I had her for SRC? I hadn’t told anyone. Then I realized she had just made my Avocado Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad and linked back to me. Isn’t it amazing Lesa? I love that recipe!
So onto the amazing smoothie. It was cold, refreshing and wonderful on a day that it was 105 here! Cooled us off and was both smooth and slushy going down! Perfect!
Let’s make Peach Melba Smoothies!
Peach Raspberry Melba Smoothies
- 12 oz. fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 16 oz. frozen peaches
- ¼ - ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups milk
- In your blender puree the 12oz of raspberries until well blended We had four kids that wanted some, so we actually used 24 oz. of raspberries. Yes it was a lot but we had bought a ton on sale awhile back and frozen them. They were perfect.
- Set a sieve on top of a medium bowl and drain the puree into the bowl. Lesa suggests: pressing the juice through the sieve. I strongly urge you to listen. It is very slow going, but it removes all the Raspberry seeds and if you're like me, you're amazed at how many seeds are in there!
- Stir the sugar into the puree and then set it aside while you work on the rest.
- Clean out your blender and add your frozen peaches, about 1/4-1/2 cup of sugar (do not eliminate the sugar) we tried it without and did not like it at all, the almond extract, and the milk. Process until well blended.
- Fill your glass about 1/3 full with the peach smoothie.
- Now drizzle two tablespoons of the raspberry puree over the top of that. Repeat with another layering of the peach smoothie and then again with the raspberry puree.
- Gently swirl with a knife or a straw. Serve!