A deliciously tender crumb and full on coconut flavor, these Coconut Cream Cupcakes are a favorite around here!
When I saw that our theme for This Week’s Cravings was Cupcakes Galore, I got pretty excited.
This is pretty much because my daughter, Brie of Brie Bakes LOVES baking cupcakes.
Except, I waited too long to ask her to help me.
You see, now that she has her own blog, she wants to bake her own cupcakes.
As in, I’m not helping you, I’m making my own thing, and they are going to turn out better and look better than yours.
She didn’t say that, but it’s true.
I chose these awesome Coconut Cream Cupcakes that I have been holding onto a very long time.
I have absolutely no earthly clue where I got them from, they are just written down in a binder that I’ve had pretty much forever.
And we’ve made them a lot, they are a TRUE favorite.
I was totally excited to make them for today!
This week’s theme is:
Please only link recipes with our theme!
If you are a regular to THIS WEEK’S CRAVINGS Linky party, then please link-up, we’re excited to see what you made this week. If you are new, please just follow our simple rules, so that everyone can enjoy the linky party! If you forget to follow the theme, your post will be deleted. Please don’t feel hurt, just come back and link up a recipe that follows the theme. Thanks a million, we look forward to blogging with you!
Don’t forget to grab the button to add to your posts
or just leave a direct link back to any one of the hosts blog sites.
This Week’s Cravings Upcoming Linky “THEMES”
Here is a complete list of the past and what’s coming up next on
8/13/2012 Week # 94 Summer BBQ & Summer Vegetable Recipes
8/20/2012 Week # 95 Lemonade Flavor Anything (Drink/Desserts) & Summer Drinks
8/27/2012 Week # 96 BANANAS GALORE
9/3/2012 Week # 97 Chicken Recipes
9/10/2012 Week # 98 Back to School Rush: 30 Minute Meals
You can always find more themes by going .
Your hostesses for this party are: Tina from MOMS CRAZY COOKING, Nicole from The Daily Dish and Kristi from Veggie Converter. We host this theme linky party every Monday (and the party stays open all week long)! We hope to inspire you to make something with our theme or get an old post notice by linking it up to the linky party below.
Are you ready to make Coconut Cream Cupcakes?
Coconut Cream Cupcakes
- 15 ounces white cake mix + the egg whites, oil & water for the cake mix
- 1 Tablespoons coconut extract
- 8 ounces cream of Coconut
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 8 ounces sweetened flaked coconut
- Start by preparing the white cake mix as directed on the box. Once everything is blended together, add 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Extract and mix well. Put 1/3 cup of mix in each muffin cup. I wound up with enough batter for 2 extras, but I just topped them all off a bit more. It didn't hurt anything.
- Bake as directed on the box, watching carefully towards the end. Insert a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean.
- When they are done and still hot, take a large fork and poke holes all over the tops of the cupcakes. I probably poked the fork in about 4 or 5 times per cupcake Maybe more? I don't know. Don't think it matters.
- Open the can of Cream of Coconut and stir it up really good. Then take and spoon it over each of the cupcakes making sure it gets into the holes from the forks. I used a knife to spread it around and make sure it got into the holes.
- Let the cake cool completely.
For the frosting:
- While it's cooling, make up the frosting: Beat the powdered sugar, the softened butter, the milk and the coconut extract with an electric mixer on low until the frosting is smooth. If your frosting is to thick, add an additional teaspoon of milk or two until it is spreadable.
Frosting the Cupcakes:
- Spread the coconut frosting across each cupcake and then sprinkle on the coconut.