Baby rolls coated in delicious rum glaze, these Rum Rolls are the perfect addition to your brunch menu or on the table for breakfast! Sweet, soft crumb with a flavorful rum glaze, these little Rum Rolls are an absolute favorite!
My favorite breakfast – Rum Rolls and coffee!
It’s been a few weeks since I was able to participate in an event, and I am thrilled to be back for such a special one.
I chose Rum Rolls in honor of my mom, the reason for which I will talk about more in a second.
As a mom myself, I appreciate the job my mother has done raising me, and honestly even as a 40 years old adult, I can say she isn’t done yet.
haha Guess I still have a long time to go raising my own five teenagers. Yes?
I chose Rum Rolls for today’s event because there is no other recipe, no other food item that makes me think of my mother more than Rum Rolls.
As a child, I can remember her bringing them home from our favorite bakery. They were such a special treat.
Sometimes she would buy extras and freeze them.
I can tell you right now, as a small child, there was more than once I opened up a frozen package and attempted to eat a frozen Rum Roll.
Yes, I did that, mom. Probably not a huge surprise.
I’m pretty sure at times I confiscated a whole package of them from the bakery and called them my own. I can honestly say, Rum Rolls might have been my favorite food as a child. Truly.
Still, all these years later, that bakery is still standing and still serving delicious Rum Rolls.
Sadly, the recipe has changed over time and while they are still delicious, they are not as perfect as they were when I was small.
Because the bakery is nowhere near my house, to get my fix of Rum Rolls on occasion, I needed to find a recipe.
While these are not exact to the bakery we bought them from, they are close enough and every time I make them, I think of my mom.
I don’t know if that will ever stop.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the mom’s out there. You are all amazing and have a tough job no matter if you have one child or you have five teenagers (or more!).
Also you pet mommy’s, you count too. They are like our children as well, as anyone who has a pet will attest to.
So to everyone, Happy Mother’s Day!
(most importantly to my mom… I love you. Thanks for always supporting me even when you don’t always agree. Also thanks for making me see things in a different light sometimes. I love you!)
More Wonderful Mother’s Day Recipes
Mother’s Day Breakfast:
- Chai Berry Muffins from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Almond Prune Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Rum Rolls from Daily Dish Recipes
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Crostini from Hip Foodie Mom
- Betty’s Salad from Jelly Toast
- Cajun Shrimp Eggplant Casserole from Food Lust People Love
- Crepes Lorraine from Noshing With The Nolands
- Black-Eyed Susan from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Babka from Run DMT
- Chocolate Creme Brûlée from Desserts Required
- Lemon Cookies from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Limoncello Lemon Pound Cake from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Mom’s Glazed Blueberry Tarts from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- PB&J Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pineapple Empanadas from La Cocina de Leslie
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies from Pies and Plots