This seasonal fun Candy Corn Simple Syrup is very easy to make and creates a delicious, thick syrup that is great in drinks and cocktails or drizzled on desserts, or even poured over pancakes and waffles.
Why you’ll love this syrup:
- Very easy to make, plus you can easily double or triple this to have plenty on hand for even larger events.
- Tastes incredible and goes with so many things.
- Don’t just use it in drinks… drizzle it over ice cream, pancakes, french toast and waffles, even cake!
Seasonal Simple Syrups
I love making custom flavored and/or seasonal simple syrups.
We tend to make them for every holiday with a prominent flavor for that time of year.
They are so great drizzled over ice cream, in cocktails or coffee, or really anywhere you might use syrup.
After whipping up a batch of Candy Corn Cupcakes last week (which will be live on the blog tomorrow), I had so many candy corns leftover.
I really wanted to do something with all of them.
I’d say this is a “What to do with leftover Halloween candy” post, but it’s totally not.
It’s a “How To Make Your Halloween Treats More Yummy” post and this candy corn simple syrup is most definitely the answer.
Love or Hate Candy Corn
I know people have a love/hate relationship with candy corn.
There doesn’t seem to be any in between either. I don’t really get why that is, but it’s definitely true.
You either love it, or hate it. I happen to love it, but our house is divided 50/50. It’s also divided 50/50 on black licorice but that’s another conversation all together.
What do you need to make Candy Corn Simple Syrup?
This simple recipe requires only TWO simple ingredients and water. It does require a little focus time to ensure it doesn’t burn but it’s EASY peasy!
- candy corn
- granulated sugar
How Can I Use Simple Syrup?
Simple syrup can be used in many ways besides just stirring it into a cocktail or other beverage.
- Use your simple syrup in shakes, malts
- Over ice cream or baked goods (see our cupcake recipe included)
- Serve with pancakes, french toast, waffles or absolutely anywhere you would use syrup.
- Stir into oatmeal
- Make up cinnamon rolls and drizzle with candy corn syrup
- melt some butter and combine with this syrup and dip fruit slices
Can you think of other ways to use this?
Tips & Tricks
- It’s just important you set aside about 10-20 minutes to make it and don’t walk away. It burns quickly if not paying attention. Nobody wants burnt Candy Corn Simple Syrup.
- Stir frequently to ensure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
Let’s get your fall flavor on!
Here’s a clever way to use this delicious syrup:
Candy Corn Simple Syrup
- 1 cups water
- 2 cups candy corn
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar if needed, see recipe
- In a small saucepan, bring water and candy corn to a boil. Boil for about 1-2 minutes stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer until candy corn is dissolved, 5-10 minutes. If the syrup seems REALLY runny, go ahead and add the sugar, turn up the temperature again and boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool completely. Syrup will thicken as it cools.
- Store in refrigerator in glass container with lid (mason jar) for about 1 month or freeze for up to a year.