How fun and spooky are these ridiculously easy, Vampire Blood Strawberry Floats? Super simple, super fun and edible blood, making for a fun treat anytime.
This post/recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
It’s day 3 of #HalloweenTreatsWeek, and I’ve brought along these delicious but slightly gory Vampire Blood Strawberry Floats.
These are literally a basic, but very delicious Strawberry Float, with homemade edible vampire blood.
They are so much fun at a teen party which was when we last made them.
Now we have a toddler and he just liked how it all tasted and didn’t really see them as gory. Not a bad thing.
It really just comes down to the homemade edible blood, because the rest of this fun treat is pretty standard.
A simple strawberry float, that could be changed to be almost anything berry – want Cherry? That’ll work too!
Just a really easy, but fun Halloween Treat that appeals to almost any age.
You can definitely get a bit more gory and use more blood. When we made these the first time, we had the blood dripping down the glass and covering a lot of the top of the float.
I didn’t do that this time, because it was a treat for Carsyn and as I’ve mentioned before, he is not into spooky or scary. But we still like to do fun and festive things, so this was perfect.
Have you entered the #HalloweenTreatsWeek giveaway?
You can head on over to my first post this week and get all of the details, see all of the great prizes and enter to win! You will find the sponsor list, prize list and of course find dozens of great recipes.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Pumpkin Patch Graveyard Eclair from Big Bear’s Wife
- Pumpkin Empanadasfrom Pook’s Pantry
- Malted Milk Ball Spider Cookies from Pastry Chef Online
- Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Eyeball Jello Shots from I am a Honey Bee
- Easy Skeleton Cake Pops from Pint Sized Baker
- Swiss Meringue Spooky Skull from Kudos Kitchen
- Candy Corn Cheesecake Mousse from The Spiffy Cookie
- Melting Witch Candy Popcorn Halloween Party Mix from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Dragon’s Eggs from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Jack-O-Lantern Cookies from The Redhead Baker
- White Chocolate Ghost Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Rice Krispie Haunted House from Savory Experiments
- Monster Rice Krispies from For the Love of Food
Ready to make up a batch of these Vampire Blood Strawberry Floats?
Vampire Blood Strawberry Floats
- 2 cups strawberry ice cream divided
- 1 cup soda we used a clear cream soda
For Edible Vampire Blood
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- Adam’s Extracts red food coloring
- Adam’s Extracts blue food coloring
- Divide the strawberry ice cream between two glasses.
- Gently pour in your clear/white soda of choice.
- In a small bowl, stir together the corn syrup and 5 drops of red food coloring. Mix until incorporated. Add red food coloring until you get the desired color you want.
- Add 1 or 2 drops of blue food coloring until you get that blood color we are all familiar with. Stir everything well and drizzle over the top. Try to get some down the sides, etc.
- For fun, add a pair of vampire teeth and then drizzle more blood over the top.
- Serve immediately.
Looking for more of the BEST Halloween Recipes?