Rich, creamy, mint cheesecake. This grasshopper cheesecake is a deliciously easy dessert and perfect for St. Patty’s Day!
Ah, St. Patrick’s Day. In our world, it’s just another holiday because we aren’t Irish (which is sad all on its own).
In fact, all we usually do is go to the St. Patrick’s Day parade in our town.
But when it comes to food, we love to go all out. And no matter what we Irish food we make on St. Patrick’s Day, we end the meal with these very American Grasshopper Cheesecakes.
St. Patrick’s day is perfect for Grasshopper Cheesecakes.
We love to celebrate with these delicious Grasshopper Cheesecakes.
The cool part is, this year my kids are in our St. Patrick’s Day parade. So we have a busy day that day, but we’re excited. Don’t worry, there will be pictures.
This Week’s Cravings theme is St. Patrick’s Day and while we make lots of yummy Irish dishes, I decided to stick to something sweet and dessert like – plus it’s green, it’s super yummy and it fits.
Why not Grasshopper Cheesecake?
Grasshopper Cheesecake. Just – Minty, Creamy deliciousness. Simple, mint cheesecake to end any meal!
Can these be made ahead of time?
Yes, they can, but I wouldn’t recommend adding the whipped cream until right before serving and they need to be stored in the refrigerator, preferably covered.
Serving them in a mason jar might help with that since they usually have lids.
If you have leftovers, they can be stored, tightly sealed in the refrigerator for up to three days from when you made them.
If you love cheesecake recipes, you might love these too…
- Chocolate Almond Cheesecake
- Marbled Cheesecake Brownies
- Caramel Cheesecake – Cheesecake Factory Recipe
- Chocolate Cinnamon Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
- No Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
Also if you are looking for another fantastic mint recipe, try these Grasshopper Brownies from Family Around the Table!
Grasshopper Cheesecake for Two
For the Crust:
- 6 Mint Oreo Cookies crushed
- 2 teaspoons butter melted
For the Cheesecake:
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- ½ cup Mint Chocolate Peppermint Patties crushed or chopped
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- ½ teaspoon green food coloring
- 8 ounce container of whipped topping room temp
For the Topping: (optional)
- whipped topping
- Creme De Menthe Syrup
- chocolate shavings
- chopped peppermint patties
For the Crust:
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter together with the crushed mint oreo cookies. Get your glasses and divide the cookie mixture between two glasses. Push the mixture down into the glasses to form the crust. Put them in the fridge while you are making the rest of the ingredients. (about 10 minutes or so)
For the Cheesecake:
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and whipped topping until smooth. Add the mint extract and green food coloring and mix to combine. Fold in the peppermint patties.
- Remove the glasses from the fridge.
- Spoon the filling on top of the oreo cookie crust. Sometimes I use my pastry bag to fill it so it looks pretty, but when we made these I didn’t care how “pretty” they looked. haha Cover them with some plastic wrap and put them back in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before you serve them. This allows the flavors to marry each other and the cheesecake to firm up a bit.
- As an optional finish, add some whipped cream and then garnish with crumbled peppermint patties or more mint oreos and creme de menthe syrup (found with the ice cream toppings).