Time to get your s’mores on with these delicious S’mores Pastries.
Welcome to the first day of July! And welcome to another fantastic recipe!
One bite of these gooey S’mores Pastries and you will immediately be transformed to childhood campfires.
I love the flaky crust and the gooey, melty chocolate.
If some marshmallow escapes during baking, you even wind up with a little golden color.
We eat these a lot in the summer when it’s too hot to go outside and enjoy a real campfire, we can have a campfire treat right in the air conditioned comfort of our home.
Of course you don’t really have to make these only when it’s too hot outside, you can enjoy them anytime – and yes, we’ve even been known to make them for breakfast a time or two.
We chose these this week because the theme was Fourth of July Fun, and first of all, what’s more fun than s’mores?
And secondly, with fourth of July right around the corner, we have been making all kinds of fun treats to celebrate.
We had a blast the other night with a BBQ, and made up treats to share of all kinds.
These were on the menu, and everyone devoured them. Oh, did I happen to mention they are fairly simple to make?
Recipe for S’mores Pastries
S’mores Pastries for Fourth of July Fun
- 1 box Puff Pastry 2 sheets, thawed
- ¾ c. crushed graham crackers
- Marshmallow Fluff about 2 Tbs. per pastry
- small Hershey’s bars 1 per pastry
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Unroll the dough and cut into large squares. I got six from each dough sheet.
- Lay the dough squares out on a cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Evenly distribute the graham cracker crumbs on half of each square.
- Spoon the marshmallow fluff on top of the graham cracker crumbs.
- Top with a Hershey bar.
- Pull one side of the dough over and close it by pressing a fork along the edges to seal.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes