Gingerbread Sprinkle Cookies are chewy, with a slight crunch from the sprinkles.
This beautifully dark, molasses, ginger-and-spice flavored cookie is the perfect holiday cookie. A fave at our house!
Today I brought these Gingerbread Sprinkle Cookies.
They are one of our favorite holiday cookie recipes, not just because they taste incredible, but they are look great too!
These cookies are perfect for your cookie platter, and were inspired by my Halloween Sprinkle Cookies.
Also, the cookies look really nice nestled with these Chocolate Dipped Spice Cookies, which are a favorite too!
About these Gingerbread Sprinkle Cookies
We love how soft and chewy they are and they are so incredibly festive with holiday sprinkles.
When we were searching for the sprinkle mix for these cookies, we specifically chose these Sweets & Treats Sweet Sprinkles Mix: Sock Monkey for these cookies.
We loved these for gingerbread, they just go so perfectly!
Sweets & Treats is one of the sponsors this week and they have the CUTEST sprinkles mixes. I hope you’ll check them out, because you will be missing out if you didn’t.
We love how festive these Gingerbread Sprinkle Cookies are. They are perfect on any holiday cookie platter.
Nestled amongst all the other cookies, they will help make your cookie platter shine.
The cookies themselves are deliciously spiced, soft and chewy and just the slightest bit of crunch from those sprinkles.
After trying a lot of things to keep these fresh as long as I could, we discovered a great way to get these to last a little longer.
All you need to do is place a piece of bread at the bottom of an air-tight container, and layer the cookies on parchment paper on top.
Gingerbread Sprinkle Cookies make a wonderful gift for friends and neighbors.
How to Gift Cookies:
Just get some cute gifting supplies and you’re on your way.
Start by picking up these cute cookie gift boxes.
Finish with a gift tag and it’s instantly a deliciously sweet gift.
I love giving homemade treats to friends, family and neighbors and these Gingerbread Sprinkle Cookies are perfect.
More Christmas Sweet Recipes:
- Cinnamon Cookies
- Cookie Butter Balls
- White Chocolate Bark
- Apple Cheddar Hand Pies
- Cranberry Orange Meltaways
- No Bake Eggnog Pie
- Snickerdoodle Crinkle Cookies
Gingerbread Sprinkle Cookies Recipe
Gingerbread Sprinkle Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- [1 cup Dixie Crystals light brown sugar lightly packed]
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup dark molasses
- 1 large egg room temperature
- [¼ cup Sweets & Treats Sweet Sprinkles Mix: Sock Monkey]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger and the salt together.
- In another bowl, beat the brown sugar with the oil and molasses for about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and continue beating about 1 minute, scraping sides several times to make sure everything is well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing on a medium speed for about 2 minutes, a little at a time.
- Place dough in the fridge to chill for about a half hour or so to make it easier to work with.
- Roll dough into balls. Roll each ball through sprinkles and place about an inch and a half apart on your cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. They should still be very soft. Allow to rest on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes or so. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container with a piece of bread on the bottom for about 5 days. *they don’t usually last even 1 or 2, everyone loves them.