Simple, easy and flavorful, these mini spice bundt cakes are an elegant dessert. Serve with powdered sugar, raspberry sauce or sprinkle with nuts or even chocolate syrup. The possibilities are endless!
It’s time once again for Secret Recipe Club reveal and boy it’s been awhile! We took a bit of time off for the holiday’s and I’ve missed it.
My blog for SRC this month was Searching For Dessert.
I loved her blog and there were so many delicious goodies to pick from and I love that!
We want to still try her Baked Grapefruit & Olive Oil Doughnuts, Peanut Butter & Banana Breakfast Cookies, Roasted Strawberry & Pineapple Shortcakes and her Sweet Tea Pie with Lemon Whipped Cream. Amazing treats!
We settled on her cute little Mini Spice Cakes, because I had just got some new pans and was dying to use them for something.
We loved these little cakes. First, just the right amount of spice and just the faintest hint of apple which makes them even better.
There are AMAZING warm! Grab a cup of coffee or tea and you have the perfect breakfast right there.
I may or may not have had
1, 2, 3 for breakfast.
A perfect recipe, we will definitely be making again!
There was a wonderful story that went along with them though.
I have a very old sifter.
And I decided to sift some powdered sugar on for the photos (and because who doesn’t love some powdered sugar?)
Well, in the middle of the photo shoot… the sifter broke and powdered sugar went everywhere.
I posted the photo on instagram and it made me laugh out loud and how many people actually thought I had done it on purpose and loved it.
Nope that was not on purpose. That’s a lot of sugar! haha
Recipe for Mini Spice Bundt Cakes
Mini Spice Bundt Cakes
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 stick butter melted and cooled
- 1 whole egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 packet apple cider drink mix
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease 6 mini bundt pan cups, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the brown sugar, butter, and egg until smooth. In a medium bowl mix together the dry ingredients from flour-salt until blended.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, stirring well. Slowly add the milk, stirring slowly to blend (so it won’t splash). Add the remaining flour mixture and stir until it is completely blended.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes then remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.