These Skinny Guacamole Potato Skins are the bomb! Creamy healthy Guacamole filled potato skins are great for a light appetizer for Game day!
Simply top with green onions, bacon or anything else to spice them up further. There’s a whole list of ideas down below.
It’s Game Day! And there is no shortage of great food on any given game day. I am not a sports girl, I am not even a football fan. That’s because I am totally a food fan! And game day foods are the best.
Why Make These Skinny Guacamole Potato Skins?
- They are actually really simple to make and combine two popular appetizers in one. Guacamole and Potato Skins!
- They are very filling and can be made in mini size or full size depending on your needs.
- They are a perfect party food and can be customized however you like.
- You can use your OWN favorite guacamole recipe to fill them instead of what I have listed here.
These Skinny Guacamole Potato Skins are the perfect addition to any game day fare! And they are super easy, can be changed up in so many ways and are bite size which makes them even better!
Pro Tip: When feeding a group of people, prepare several batches of these. They go super fast! For large groups of people, I recommend making these with very small potatoes or mini potatoes to be able to make a lot.
Pro Tip: Always prepare some extra potatoes ahead of time. All you will need to do when you run low or run out is fill them quickly, top them and set them back out.
Ideas for Toppings:
Topping these Guacamole Potato Skins will make these your own and add lots more flavor. Use any of these suggestions or combination of these suggestions or just keep them plain.
- Crumbled Bacon
- ground beef
- Chopped Green Onions
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- chopped jalapenos
- diced tomatoes
- black beans or refried beans
- mexican rice
- chopped veggies
- chopped cilantro
- shredded pork
- enchilada sauce
The possibilities are truly endless. If you have a suggestion for toppings, please tell us about it in the comments below. We love hearing our readers ideas and what they came up with to make the perfect recipe.
Skinny Guacamole Potato Skins Recipe
Skinny Guacamole Potato Skins
- 12 Yellow Baby Potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup of Pancetta roughly chopped
- 1 cup of your favorite guacamole
- ½ cup shredded mexican cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean the whole potatoes, dry and rub olive oil around them.
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until you can press gently and feel they are tender.
- Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool until you can handle them.
- Slice them in half, lengthwise and scoop out the flesh. Don’t scoop it all out, you need “walls” to hold the potatoes up. I use a melon baller and run it through once to get a small amount. Save the extra potato in a bowl and make some mashed potatoes! Yum!
- Place each of the cut potatoes back on the baking sheet, with the flesh side facing up. Rub olive oil across the tops.
- Chop the Pancetta… and allow to crisp in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Fill each of the potato skins with a little bit of pancetta, then some shredded cheese. Pop them back into the oven for about 5-10 minutes, just until the cheese is melted.
- Remove and allow to cool just a bit.
- Top each potato skin with a dollop of guacamole, sprinkle the top with shredded cheese, onions or even more pancetta.