These Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins are the bomb! Creamy healthy Guacamole filled potato skins are great for a light appetizer for Game day!
Simply top with onions, bacon or anything else to spice them up further.
It’s Game Day! And there is no shortage of great food on any given game day. I am not a sports girl, I am not even a football fan.
If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time, you’d know I’m not much of a sports fan to begin with. So why am I excited about the super bowl? Or any game day for that matter?
I go for the food! haha And the friendship and fun. But mostly the food. 🙂
This year I am heading to a friends for the Super Bowl, and I’m taking along a big batch of these I made up this morning. I know they will be a hit!
These Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins are the perfect addition to any game day fare! And they are super easy, can be changed up in so many ways and are bite size which makes them even better!
Plus they have avocado. And avocado (or guacamole) might just be my one weakness. I can eat avocado daily and never tire of it!
I will warn you. Make lots of these. They go super fast! I’ve made huge platters of them before and within 15 minutes of setting them down, they were gone!
I always prepare some extra potatoes ahead of time so it’s not too hard to whip up another big batch. Even the guys love these, so be prepared.
More Game Day Recipes
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch from Shockingly Delicious
- Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders from Manu’s Menu
- Hellfire Wings from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups from Alida’s Kitchen
- Spinach-Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket from Hip Foodie Mom
- Italian Spring Rolls from Noshing with The Nolands
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
Game Day Entrees:
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares from Desserts Required
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn from Pies and Plots
- Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownies from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cracker Jack Candy from What Smells So Good?
Recipe for Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins
Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins
- 12 Yellow Baby Potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup of Pancetta roughly chopped
- 1 cup of your favorite guacamole
- ½ cup shredded mexican cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean the whole potatoes, dry and rub olive oil around them.
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until you can press gently and feel they are tender.
- Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool until you can handle them.
- Slice them in half, lengthwise and scoop out the flesh. Don’t scoop it all out, you need “walls” to hold the potatoes up. I use a melon baller and run it through once to get a small amount. Save the extra potato in a bowl and make some mashed potatoes! Yum!
- Place each of the cut potatoes back on the baking sheet, with the flesh side facing up. Rub olive oil across the tops.
- Chop the Pancetta… and allow to crisp in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Fill each of the potato skins with a little bit of pancetta, then some shredded cheese. Pop them back into the oven for about 5-10 minutes, just until the cheese is melted.
- Remove and allow to cool just a bit.
- Top each potato skin with a dollop of guacamole, sprinkle the top with shredded cheese, onions or even more pancetta.