Creamy healthy Guacamole filled potato skins are great for a light appetizer for Game day! These Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins are the bomb! Top with onions, bacon or anything else to spice them up further.
It’s Game Day! And there is no shortage of great food on any given game day. I am not a sports girl, I am not even a football fan. If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time, you’d know I’m not much of a sports fan to begin with. So why am I excited about the super bowl? Or any game day for that matter?
I go for the food! haha And the friendship and fun. But mostly the food. 🙂
This year I am heading to a friends for the Super Bowl, and I’m taking along a big batch of these I made up this morning. I know they will be a hit!
These Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins are the perfect addition to any game day fare! And they are super easy, can be changed up in so many ways and are bite size which makes them even better! Plus they have avocado. And avocado (or guacamole) might just be my one weakness. I can eat avocado daily and never tire of it!
I will warn you. Make lots of these. They go super fast! I’ve made huge platters of them before and within 15 minutes of setting them down, they were gone! I always prepare some extra potatoes ahead of time so it’s not too hard to whip up another big batch. Even the guys love these, so be prepared.
Check out this week’s FANTASTIC Game Day Eats!
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch from Shockingly Delicious
- Salt and Vinegar Wings from Casa de Crews
- Saucy Wings and Thighs from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders from Manu’s Menu
- Hellfire Wings from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Easy Nacho Bar from Momma’s Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos from Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups from Alida’s Kitchen
- Spinach-Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket from Hip Foodie Mom
- Beer Cheese Fondue from Melanie Makes
- Cheesy Artichoke and Garlic Bread from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza Bites from Meal Planning Magic
- Italian Spring Rolls from Noshing with The Nolands
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco from Cooking on the Ranch
- Parmigiano Crisps from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mediterranean Nachos from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Chinese Barbecue Wings from girlichef
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Tomato Hummus from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cashew Baba Ghanoush : Roasted Eggplant Dip from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
Game Day Entrees:
- Super Sloppy Joes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Buffalo Chicken Chili from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches from Cookin’ Mimi
- Vegetarian “Chorizo” and Black Bean Chili from Foxes Love Lemons
- Twice Baked Chili Cheese Potatoes from Neighborfood
- Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Easy Vegetarian Chili from Delaware Girl Eats
- Game Day Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares from Desserts Required
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn from Pies and Plots
- Mini Coconut Cups from Basic N Delicious
- Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownies from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cracker Jack Candy from What Smells So Good?