Hungry kids will love these easy Air Fryer Taco Sticks as an after school snack. Ready in about 20 minutes, and perfect to hold them off until dinner.
Hard to believe we have rolled into August already. With August comes preparing for Back to School, school supplies, getting back on a schedule, meal planning and preparing snack ideas.
These Air Fryer Taco Sticks are a perfect afternoon snack for a hungry kid. They are super easy, can be filled the way your child likes or made differently for different tastes. You will be surprised at how delicious these are.
I use the crescent dough sheets because I find the flaky breading doesn’t overwhelm all the filling with a bread flavor.
The From our Dinner Table group is posting Back to School Recipes today. We just finished our Back to School Treats week where I shared some other fun Back to School Treats: Almond Joy Cupcakes, Hot Caramel Apple Cream Drink and Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes.
I was ready for some savory snacks, so these Air Fryer Taco Sticks were the perfect plan.
We’ve been making these since my kids were super little, just because they were a fun snack I made during my teaching days for my early ed class.
You can use a different type of dough, pizza dough works great, but please be aware that you may need to allow more time to cook or adjust recipe accordingly.
You can also use any kind of cheese you’d like. I make these for hungry teenagers, so they like to use pepper jack cheese and sometimes even like to add some sliced or chopped jalapeno to the mixture as well. So please know, you can make these any way you want to fit your taste.
Check out all of the Back to School Recipes:
- Air Fryer Taco Sticks from Daily Dish Recipes
- Carrot Coconut Muffins from That Recipe
- Cupcake Cones from A Day in The Life on the Farm
- Easy, Peasy Chocolate Smoothie from Our Good Life
- Fresh Fruit Yogurt Parfaits from Blogghetti
- Pizza Muffins from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Salted Caramel Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Bars from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Watermelon Feta Salad from Art of Natural Living
Air Fryer Taco Sticks
Air Fryer Taco Sticks
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 8 oz. tube crescent dough sheets
- 5 slices of cheese halved
- melted butter or olive oil
- garlic powder
- In a skillet on the stove, over medium heat, saute the onion, garlic, hamburger meat and taco seasoning until browned. Be sure and break the meat up into small pieces as you're cooking. Drain fat. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Lay out your crescent dough sheets and slice into 5 long strips. Then half the long strips into 5 more strips. You will have 10 strips. Use a rolling pin or smooth glass to roll out the dough a little.
- Scoop cooled taco mixture onto each dough sheet then top with a slice of cheese.
- Fold sides of dough in creating a bread stick, pinching sides to keep ingredients in. Flip over and keep seam side down.
- Brush the top of each stick generously with butter or olive oil and sprinkle garlic powder on top.
- Place gently in air fryer basket, seam side down.
- Set Air Fryer to 370 degrees and cook for 6-8 minutes. (all air fryers are a little different, so be sure to watch, and add time if the dough doesn't seem done yet.) Once you have made these once, each time you will know what the time is to set them on. In my air fryer it's about 6 minutes and they are perfect.