Every bite of these Cinnamon Pumpkin Donuts is like a delicious bite of Fall. Soft, nibbles of goodness filled with so much cinnamon and pumpkin flavor in every bite.
It’s the second to last day of Pumpkin Week and oh my, the recipes shared have been incredible! Over 140+ recipes have been and will be shared collectively this week from 34 bloggers.
In case you missed any of the fun pumpkin recipes I’ve shared this week, there are Pumpkin Sprinkle Cookies, Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake, Butterscotch Pumpkin Pudding, Pumpkin Spice Bubble Milk Tea and today’s recipe – these delicious Cinnamon Pumpkin Donuts.
#PumpkinWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures is one of my favorite events of the year. It’s a reminder that Fall is on it’s way, and I’m totally okay with that. Yesterday I don’t think we topped 70 degrees, and I as I was writing this, it was a gorgeous 62 degrees out. I’m loving it.
Special thanks to ALL of our sponsors this week for providing the prize packages. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway all the way at the bottom of the post. There are only a couple of days left and there are truly some cool things to be won!
Also, a huge thanks to Dixie Crystals, one of our sponsors for this event. As usual, they were quite generous with their sugar shipment, which enabled me to create all these delicious recipes.
Thank you so much!
I used Dixie Crystals Sugar to make these Cinnamon Pumpkin Donuts and most of the pumpkin recipes I shared this week.
Enjoy these Pumpkin Recipes from our bloggers:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pumpkin Smoothie from It Bakes Me Happy
Pumpkin Hazelnut Homemade Latte from The Beard and The Baker
Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate with Butterscotch Whipped Cream from Family Around the Table
Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate from Blogghetti
The Best (and Easiest) Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte from The Baking Fairy
Savory & Snack Pumpkin Recipes:
One Pot Pumpkin Pasta with Brie and Toasted Walnuts from Food Above Gold
Pumpkin Coriander Soup from Frugal & Fit
Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Swirl Bars from Our Good Life
Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Cookie Cups from Big Bear’s Wife
Pumpkin Pudding Cookies from For the Love of Food
White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Vegan Pumpkin Cupcakes from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Recipe for Cinnamon Pumpkin Donuts?
Cinnamon Pumpkin Donuts
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 10 Tablespoons unsalted butter room temp
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
For the Sugar Coating
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- melted butter for dipping the donuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your donut pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon.
- In another bowl, combine the milk and the pumpkin puree.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter with the brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, individually scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the dry flour ingredients a little at a time, alternating between the pumpkin mixture and dry ingredients until well combined. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon the batter into a baggie and cut off the tip to use as a piping bag. I piped the batter into the donut pan. It's easier and more controlled.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
FOR THE CINNAMON PUMPKIN SUGAR MIXTURE:
- Melt about a 3/4 cup of butter or so.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sugar with the cinnamon.
- Allow the Cinnamon Pumpkin Donuts to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove them from the pan, and dip them into the melted butter, and then toss in the sugar-spice mixture, until coated.
- Allow to cool an additional 10 minutes or so and then enjoy!