Beefy Savory goodness wrapped up in a neat little meatball and simmered on low while you’re busy with your life. An amazing dinner to be served with these delicious Crockpot Beefy Meatballs!
Have you ever had a meal you just kind of threw together because you needed to go to the store and you didn’t really want to because you had a million other things to do first?
Please say yes so I don’t feel like I’m all alone.
Anyway, that is how these Crockpot Beefy Meatballs were born.
We had a busy day, I knew everyone would be super hungry and I needed something I could throw in the crockpot and this was it.
I made these based on another recipe I’ve made a few times, but with the stuff I happened to have on hand at the time.
The first taste of these Crockpot Beefy Meatballs found a tender, savory beefy blend of flavors that literally just melts in your mouth from the first bite.
I usually hold my breath a little as each member of my family takes a bite of any recipe I literally throw together.
This one was no exception.
The reactions put this recipe on our map for loads of future dinners.
That makes me pretty excited about the possibilities for these.
We served these with crusty french bread dinner rolls or as my son likes to call them – soppy rolls.
A soppy roll is anything that can really sop up the juice and gravy.
The mmmm’s and ahhhhh’s I heard coming from my fellow dinner companions was enough to convince me that I made them all quite happy.
In fact, my son loved them so much he posted a status on facebook.
I love that kid. So so much.
There were several requests for the recipe, which I was kinda worried about since I threw it all together.
I did pay attention to what I did and I think I did okay.
We weren’t sure what we were going to call them.
I mean, they are of course, crockpot meatballs, but they are not your typical spaghetti style meatballs.
They are beef. Very beefy. Not a tomato in sight.
If you want tomatoes, toss them in there too, but we didn’t.
We wanted them all beef.
Coated in beef gravy and tender and perfect and so they are now Crockpot Beefy Meatballs.
What would you have called them?
A couple of notes: the seasoned bread crumbs can be whatever you have.
I actually did NOT use bread crumbs the first time I made these when I threw everything together.
I used crushed up saltine crackers.
Another time I used crushed ritz crackers.
So really it’s what you have, and you can add herbs, spiced and what not to make your own or just use a store bought version.
Hey if you want ’em plain, keep ’em plain bread crumbs.
If you want ’em spicy, toss in a little bit of red pepper flakes too.
Whatever you do, make ’em your own!
And by all means, ENJOY THEM!!
You should also try these Beefy Coca Cola Meatballs. They are SO good!
These BBQ Meatballs from my friend Ellen are AWESOME too!
Recipe for Crockpot Beefy Meatballs
Crockpot Beefy Meatball Sandwiches
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- ¾ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2-3 Tablespoons italian herbs to taste
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 egg beaten
- 10 ½ ounce cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ounce brown gravy mix
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the bread crumbs and italian herbs. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, onion, Worcestershire sauce, Parmesan and/or Romano cheese and beaten egg. Mix in the ground beef.
- Shape the mixture into meatballs. I tend to make small meatballs so this mixture usually makes about 20-24.
- Place meatballs on a pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While they are baking, in your slow cooker, mix the cream of mushroom soup, packet of brown gravy mix, packet of dry onion soup mix, can of mushrooms and the beef broth.
- Place the meatballs into the gravy mixture when removed from oven.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.